Jaffrey Chair of Political Economy
Catia joined the University of Aberdeen in June 2013 as Professor of Economics. She was awarded the Jaffrey Chair of Political Economy in 2018. She previously held appointments at the University of Glasgow and at the University of Dundee where she held a Personal Chair in Economics.
- External Research Fellow, Centre for Research on Globalisation and Economic Policy, University of Nottingham
- Associated Researcher, The Tuborg Research Centre for Globalisation and Firms, University of Aarhus
- Network Member InsTED - Institutions, Trade and Economic Development
- Firms in the Global Economy
- Labour Markets, Trade and FDI
- Globalisation and the Welfare State
- Globalisation, Economic Insecurity and Wellbeing
Current Research Grants
- 2015-2018: "Globalisation, Labour Markets and the Welfare State", NORFACE Welfare State Futures (€ 807,446) - Project PI, with Holger Görg (IFW-Kiel) and Fredrik Sjöholm (Lund University).
- 2014 -: "Management practices, firms’ performance and internationalisation", Pool Engagement in European Research - PEER, Scottish Government, PI: £8,000.
- 2014 -: “Skill Mismatches and Competitiveness: Workers, Firms and Industries”, ESRC/Scottish Government +3 Collaborative Scholarship – student Pietropaolo Vanin (First supervisor, with Keith Bender).
- 2012-16: “Welfare, Wealth and Work for Europe” (http://www.foreurope.eu/), (with H. Molana and Y-F Chen from the University of Dundee) – EU Cooperation Programme / Theme 8 / Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities (Call ID “FP7-SSH-2011-1”), total bid value € 8.5 million involving 33 institutions from 12 European Countries).
- 2010 -: "The Effects of Economic Insecurity on Health and Wellbeing", ESRC 1+3 Studentship Competition – student Daniel Kopasker.
- International Economics (EC3024, Course Coordinator)
- Industrial Economics (EC3522)
- International Trade and Development (EC5506, Coordinator)
- Applied Public Policy Analysis (EC5505, Coordinator)
- Business Strategy (BU5558, Coordinator)
- International Trade (Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics MSc)
- Further Info
- Joint Managing Editor, Scottish Journal of Political Economy
- Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE)-Scottish Government Policy Forum Coordinator
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE)
Member of the Technical Advisory Group on Energy and Climate Change Analysis (TAGECCA), Scottish Government
- School Director for Postgraduate Research
- Director of Research for Economics
- Programme Director, MSc Applied Economics
- Convener, Staff Mentoring Commitee
- "Compensating the Losers of Globalisation", with Z. Asatryan, S. Braun, W. Lechthaler, Holger Görg, Friedrich Heinemann, Hassan Molana, European Policy Brief No. 4, August 2014.
- "Compensating the Losers of Free Trade", with Z. Asatryan, S. Braun, W. Lechthaler, M. Mileva, WWWfor Europe Working Paper no 63, June 2014.
- "Globalisation and the Future of the Welfare State", with Y-F Chen, Holger Görg, Dennis Görlich, Hassan Molana, and Yama Temouri, IZA Policy Paper No. 81, March 2014.