Chair in Economics
Catia joined the University of Aberdeen in June 2013. She previously held appointments at the University of Glasgow and the University of Dundee.
- External Research Fellow, Centre for Research on Globalisation and Economic Policy, University of Nottingham
- Associated Researcher, The Tuborg Research Centre for Globalisation and Firms, University of Aarhus
- Network Member InsTED - Institutions, Trade and Economic Development
- Firms in the Global Economy
- Labour Markets, Trade and FDI
- Globalisation and the Welfare State
- Globalisation, Economic Insecurity and Wellbeing
Current Research Grants
- 2015-2018: "Globalisation, Labour Markets and the Welfare State", NORFACE Welfare State Futures (€ 807,446) - Project PI, with Holger Görg (IFW-Kiel) and Fredrik Sjöholm (Lund University).
- 2014 -: "Management practices, firms’ performance and internationalisation", Pool Engagement in European Research - PEER, Scottish Government, PI: £8,000.
- 2014 -: “Skill Mismatches and Competitiveness: Workers, Firms and Industries”, ESRC/Scottish Government +3 Collaborative Scholarship – student Pietropaolo Vanin (First supervisor, with Keith Bender).
- 2012-16: “Welfare, Wealth and Work for Europe” (http://www.foreurope.eu/), (with H. Molana and Y-F Chen from the University of Dundee) – EU Cooperation Programme / Theme 8 / Socio-economic Sciences and Humanities (Call ID “FP7-SSH-2011-1”), total bid value € 8.5 million involving 33 institutions from 12 European Countries).
- 2010 -: "The Effects of Economic Insecurity on Health and Wellbeing", ESRC 1+3 Studentship Competition – student Daniel Kopasker.
- International Economics (EC3024, Course Coordinator)
- Industrial Economics (EC3522)
- International Trade and Development (EC5506, Coordinator)
- Applied Public Policy Analysis (EC5505, Coordinator)
- Business Strategy (BU5558, Coordinator)
- International Trade (Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics MSc)
- Further Info
- Joint Managing Editor, Scottish Journal of Political Economy
- Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE)-Scottish Government Policy Forum Coordinator
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE)
Member of the Technical Advisory Group on Energy and Climate Change Analysis (TAGECCA), Scottish Government
- School Director for Postgraduate Research
- Director of Research for Economics
- Programme Director, MSc Applied Economics
- Convener, Staff Mentoring Commitee
- "Compensating the Losers of Globalisation", with Z. Asatryan, S. Braun, W. Lechthaler, Holger Görg, Friedrich Heinemann, Hassan Molana, European Policy Brief No. 4, August 2014.
- "Compensating the Losers of Free Trade", with Z. Asatryan, S. Braun, W. Lechthaler, M. Mileva, WWWfor Europe Working Paper no 63, June 2014.
- "Globalisation and the Future of the Welfare State", with Y-F Chen, Holger Görg, Dennis Görlich, Hassan Molana, and Yama Temouri, IZA Policy Paper No. 81, March 2014.