Business Management at Aberdeen explores the theory and practice of how people and organisations are managed in a highly competitive global business environment, taught by leaders in this highly topical field. You will benefit from real-life scenarios and the input of national and local employers, giving you the skills, experience and attributes for a head start across a wide range of careers in the international business world.
You will gain a wide perspective and thorough grounding through studying management, accountancy, statistics and economics alongside courses chosen from other options in the MA programme.
Your skills will develop in a dynamic learning and research environment, inspired by staff with a wide range of professional backgrounds and experience, who are leaders in the fields of accounting practice and theory, financial markets and corporate finance, and organisational change.
A degree in Business Management generates opportunities for you across a wide spectrum of employment possibilities – from large multinational blue-chips to small and medium-sized enterprises in any number of private and public sector industries. Recent Aberdeen graduates are now pursuing exciting careers in Ernst and Young, Royal Bank of Scotland, Bank of Scotland and British Airways.
You will enjoy a special, warm welcome at the University of Aberdeen, benefit from excellent teaching, research with international impact, our special focus on enterprise and nurturing entrepreneurial skills, and a global experience as part of our friendly and vibrant international community alongside classmates from 45 different nationalities in our Business School. You will love our beautiful campus and great facilities for learning, sports and leisure and all the opportunities to gain the competitive advantage in whichever career path you choose.
Why Study Business Management at Aberdeen?
- A UK top three university for the impact of the world-leading research being done by our academics in business and management.
- By studying Business Management at Aberdeen, you will gain a qualification from one of the top 1% universities in the world.
- Our research centres including ACREEF (the Aberdeen Centre for Research in Energy Economics and Finance) headed by leading international petroleum economist and author Professor Alex Kemp, adviser to the Scottish Government.
- Aberdeen is home to CELMR (the Centre for European Labour Market Research) which leads research in education, skills and labour markets, so topical today.
- Professional training facilities include the virtual Thomson Reuters Eikon™ trading floor, used by major financial services companies across the world and integrating real activity in financial markets directly in to our students’ courses.
- Enterprise Campus, a new initiative to nurture entrepreneurial skills and support students wanting to progress their own business ideas.
- The spectacular, award-winning Sir Duncan Rice Library, with excellent study facilities, state-of-the-art technology, and a first-class collection of reference works in business and management.
- A packed programme of events and the annual May Festival attracting internationally acclaimed public figures, business leaders, authors and broadcasters to discuss and debate critical issues and challenges in the world today.
- A Business Management programme which perfectly balances theory and practical work, with strong links with local and global businesses giving you cutting-edge insights in to the subject.
- Aberdeen is the main European centre for the oil and gas industry, and international accountancy firms, multinational companies and financial services all have offices in the city.
What You'll Study
Single Honours Degrees
Joint Honours Degrees
You may also be interested in...
Joint Honours Degrees
Major-Minor Honours Degrees
Undergraduate Open Day
Our next Open Day will be onFind out More
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen