The MSc Business Consulting and Psychology will build your professional consulting skills enhanced with a working knowledge of industry-leading psychology tools and workforce behavioural frameworks.
At a Glance
- Learning Mode
- On Campus Learning
- Degree Qualification
- 12 months
- Study Mode
- Full Time
- Start Month
- Location of Study
Consulting is the fastest growing global professional occupation. Rapid changes in world business and advances in technology means companies are seeking new ways to compete and innovate. Business consultants are the solution with unique industry and occupational understanding and expertise.
The programme offers an opportunity to study fundamental concepts of business management and psychology. The range of topics covered offered by both the Business School and the School of Psychology will include research and practice based elements, giving students extensive knowledge of industry practices, key theories and challenges in business consultancy.
This will help you develop a range of transferable skills in understanding human behaviour in the workforce, problem identification, analysis and solving, project management, interpersonal communication including administering psychological analysis techniques and providing feedback, in depth operational analysis and business report writing.
What You'll Study
- Semester 1
Introduction to Business Consulting
Operations and Project Management
Company Culture and Conflict
- Semester 2
Advanced Business Consulting
PsychologyToolkit for Consulting
- Semester 3
The Consulting Challenge
Masters Dissertation in Business Consulting and Psychology
We will endeavour to make all course options available; however, these may be subject to timetabling and other constraints. Please see our InfoHub pages for further information.
How You'll Study
This MSc will be taught by practicing consultants and experienced academics, covering both theoretical as well as practical aspects of business and psychological tools used in consulting. The course is also supported by off-campus supervised visits to active consulting projects across Scotland.
- Field Trips
- Group Projects
- Individual Projects
Delivery and assessment are based on real-life case studies, preparing students for a changing business landscape. You’ll study in a contemporary university environment and experience innovative teaching methods. Furthermore, all assessments are based on a portfolio of work-related assignments and your final dissertation/project. There are no exams, just intensive real-world learning that helps you to gain the relevant knowledge, quickly and effectively.
Why Study Business Consulting and Psychology?
- Students will complete a consulting project where they will be given the opportunity to gain direct experience in applying the concepts and theories studied on the course
- Learn from specialist academic staff who are actively involved in research ensuring the curriculum is informed by cutting-edge knowledge and practice, which promises students pioneering research and a strong focus on forward-thinking ideas and innovation
- Identify and engage with specialisms such as consumer behaviour, marketing and international human resource management
- The School of Psychology at Aberdeen is one the oldest academic psychology units in Britain and can lay claim to one of the earliest academic psychology appointments
- The Business School was ranked 12th in the UK for Business Management Studies in the Complete University Guide 2022
- We are ranked 14th in the UK for Psychology in the Complete University Guide 2022
The information below is provided as a guide only and does not guarantee entry to the University of Aberdeen.
The programme is open to all professionals with a minimum 5 years employment history and graduates from any discipline.
Please enter your country to view country-specific entry requirements.
English Language Requirements
To study for a Postgraduate Taught degree at the University of Aberdeen it is essential that you can speak, understand, read, and write English fluently. The minimum requirements for this degree are as follows:
OVERALL - 6.5 with: Listening - 5.5; Reading - 5.5; Speaking - 5.5; Writing - 6.0
OVERALL - 90 with: Listening - 17; Reading - 18; Speaking - 20; Writing - 21
OVERALL - 62 with: Listening - 59; Reading - 59; Speaking - 59; Writing - 59
Cambridge English B2 First, C1 Advanced, C2 Proficiency:
OVERALL - 176 with: Listening - 162; Reading - 162; Speaking - 162; Writing - 169
You will be required to supply the following documentation with your application as proof you meet the entry requirements of this degree programme. If you have not yet completed your current programme of study, then you can still apply and you can provide your Degree Certificate at a later date.
- Degree Transcript
- a full transcript showing all the subjects you studied and the marks you have achieved in your degree(s) (original & official English translation)
- Personal Statement
- a detailed personal statement explaining your motivation for this particular programme
- a reference letter from your university discussing your academic ability. If you have been out of education for a long time you may wish to use your current or most recent employer, or another professional person
|EU / International students||£25,100|
|Tuition Fees for 2022/23 Academic Year|
|Home / RUK||£15,200|
|Tuition Fees for 2022/23 Academic Year|
Additional Fee Information
- In exceptional circumstances there may be additional fees associated with specialist courses, for example field trips. Any additional fees for a course can be found in our Catalogue of Courses.
- For more information about tuition fees for this programme, including payment plans and our refund policy, please visit our InfoHub Tuition Fees page.
The University of Aberdeen is very pleased to offer a 20% discount on postgraduate tuition fees for all alumni who have graduated with a degree from the University of Aberdeen. More Information can be found here.
Eligible self-funded international Masters students will receive the Aberdeen Global Scholarship. Visit our Funding Database to find out more and see our full range of scholarships.
Students who complete the Business Consulting MSc can go on to have careers as a consultant or providing consulting services and experience within traditional employment areas. The consulting service practice stretches across all industries and with increased specialisation of the workforce, SME and large consulting companies are in high demand. Students may also wish to go on to start their own business consultancy.
You will be taught by internationally respected academics who are at the forefront of their research and qualified professional consultants. We draw upon disciplines across Business and Psychology from leadership and management to consumer behaviour.
- Programme Leader
- Adam Peter Smith
Information About Staff Changes
You will be taught by a range of experts including professors, lecturers, teaching fellows and postgraduate tutors. Staff changes will occur from time to time; please see our InfoHub pages for further information.
Get in Touch
University of Aberdeen