Fee Status, Living Costs and Work Allowances

Fee Status, Living Costs and Work Allowances

Determining Your Fee Status

When we receive your application for admission, you will provide information that will help us determine your fee status. Should we require further information, we would contact you. If you currently live overseas and you do not hold a UK passport, it is likely that you will be classified as an International Fees student. UKCISA, the UK Council for International Student Affairs, can provide detailed guidance on the following areas: Immigration; Fees and Student Support; Finance and Funding; Welfare, Health and Tax benefits; Council Tax. UKCISA is happy to advise students about the fee regulations and case law that apply to them, and to provide a second opinion following an institution's assessment of a student's fee status.

Visit the UKCISA website.

Minimum Cost of Living

In addition to tuition fees, students will require money to cover their living costs including accommodation, food, books, entertainment, clothing, phone bills, local travel, and laundry. These expenses will vary depending on your lifestyle and spending habits. In keeping with UKVI rules, we recommend that students budget £1,023 per month to cover their living costs. For more information on this please visit our visa page.

International students who require a Student visa to study in the UK also have to pay the NHS health surcharge of £470 per year of study, plus £235 (any additional period of 6 months or less is charged at the rate of half the annual amount) when applying for a visa. For more information, please visit our visa information page.

Working in the UK

International students who will be studying for more than 6 months are permitted to work for 20 hours per week during term-time, though this may be increased during the holiday periods. Find out more about part-time work. Please note that this must not be relied upon as a means to fund your studies. Students coming to study for one semester only (less than 6 months) are usually not granted permission to work.