The University can offer assistance with accommodation to: staff members; staff members families; Postgraduate, masters and PhD students; students with families, visitors to the University and other professionals.
The accommodation is domestic properties located in the Old Aberdeen area which is on a public bus route to Foresterhill and the city centre.
There are different types and sizes of accommodation on offer to assist a range of needs - flats or houses (bedsits, one bedroom to larger family sized 3 or 4 bedroom properties); furnished or unfurnished; partially furnished; on a rent only basis; rents fully inclusive of bills and accommodation which is fully furnished with bed linen, towels and a weekly cleaning service provided to accommodate short term visitors to the University.
The Housing Office can be contacted on firstname.lastname@example.org for further details of what can be offered or to discuss your own requirements with a member of our staff.
The following information should be provided at the point of enquiry:
- Your status with the University.
- If you are a student rather than a member of staff or a visitor; please advise on your level and year of study.
- Date of arrival or expected date of need for housing (date of need dictates availability)
- If your date of need is flexible or ongoing and not from a fixed date.
- Do you have a notice to provide to any current landlord? If so, what period of notice do you have to provide?
- You are moving from overseas, out with Aberdeen or if you presently living locally
- Type of property required - longer term or short term. Both periods may be available to offer.
- Furnished, unfurnished properties or either type could be considered
- Size of property required - number of bedrooms
- Number of people to be occupying the property
- Ages and gender of any children that will be living in the property
- Any special requirements i.e. parking, garden, no garden, pets etc
Shared properties, usually for 3 to 4 persons sharing, are also available to rent. Each tenant has their own bedroom but share kitchen/bathroom/living room facilities. All of the properties have full gas central heating and bathrooms with a shower above the bath or a shower room. Unless stated otherwise, a bed, wardrobe, desk and chair are provided in each bedroom with a communal lounge suite, dining table and chairs, fridge or fridge/freezer and electric cooker.
Shared accommodation is for single occupancy only and is not suitable for couples.
A deposit and entry rent is payable prior to entry to the room. Rent is payable in advance at the beginning of each month.
For further information and assistance contact the Housing Office on email@example.com.