The University can offer long or short term assistance with accommodation to: staff members; staff members families; Postgraduate, masters and PhD students; students with families, visitors to the University and other professionals.
The accommodation, which are domestic properties located on the Old Aberdeen campus and at Bucksburn, are on a bus route to Foresterhill and the city centre.
There are different types and sizes of accommodation on offer to assist a range of needs - flats or houses (bedsits, one bedroom to larger family sized 3 or 4 bedroom properties); furnished or unfurnished; partially furnished; rents fully inclusive of bills and accommodation which is fully furnished with bed linen, towels and a weekly cleaning service provided to accommodate short term visitors to the University.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Housing Office on firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish further details of what can be offered or to discuss your own requirements with a member of our staff.
Estates & Facilities
Please provide the following information at the point of enquiry:
- Please confirm your status with the University.
- If you are a student rather than a member of staff or a visitor; please advise on your level and year of study.
- Date of arrival or expected date of need for housing (date of need dictates availability)?
- Is your date of need flexible or ongoing and not fixed?
- Type of property required - longer term or short term? Both types of housing are available to offer.
- Furnished, unfurnished properties or either type could be considered?
- Size of property required - number of bedrooms?
- Number of people to be occupying the property?
- Ages and gender of any children that will be living in the property?
- Any special requirements i.e. parking, garden, no garden, pets etc?
Shared properties, usually for 3 to 4 persons sharing, are also available to rent. Each tenant has his/her own bedroom but shares kitchen/bathroom/living room facilities. All of the properties have full gas central heating and bathrooms with a shower above the bath or a shower room. Unless stated otherwise, a bed, wardrobe, desk and chair are provided in each bedroom with a communal lounge suite, dining table and chairs, fridge or fridge/freezer and electric cooker.
Please note that shared accommodation is for single occupancy only and is not suitable for couples.
Please note that a deposit is payable prior to entry to the room. In addition, entry rent and the Local Authority charge must be paid at the time of signing the lease. Rent and the Local Authority Charge are then payable in advance at the beginning of each month.
If you are interested in this, contact email@example.com, we will keep you advised of any change in availability.