The process for making an application is as follows:
- Email the Employment Services Team email@example.com to request a Research Passport. Please provide the following information:
- Details of the work that you are expected to carry out
- Confirm whether you will have direct contact with the patients
- In case you will be working on NHS property, confirm whether you will be in contact with any bodily fluids
- Inform whether you are already a member of the PVG Scheme
- The Employment Services Team will confirm which pre-engagement checks you require and will inform you about any further details required.
- Complete the Research application form (Section 1 to 3 must be completed and signed by the Researcher, Section 4 must be completed and signed by the Line Manager or Academic Supervisor) and return it along with any qualifications and a copy of your CV to the Employment Services Team.
- Read the Guidance for completing the Research Passport Form
- Guidance on submission of CV for Research Passport Application
- If an Occupational Health Screening (OHS) is required, you will receive an OHS Questionnaire to complete and you will be requested to send it back to the Employment Services Team for processing.
- If a Criminal Record Check is required, you will be sent by internal mail the appropriate form to complete and you will be asked to make arrangements to return in person your application to the HR Office in Old Aberdeen or it can be arranged to be returned to the HR Office in Polwarth, Foresterhill.
- The Employment Services Team will complete Section 5 of your RP application and will send it along with the documentary evidence to the Research & Development Office within NHS Grampian.
- Once the form has been authorised by NHS Grampian it becomes a valid Research Passport and you may then provide the RP to other NHS organisations.