Appeals and Complaints
The University operates a Policy and Procedures on Student Appeals and a Complaint Handling Procedure, CHP, providing frameworks through which students of the University, applicants, graduates or members of the public can formalise any concerns they may have about aspects of their academic or non-academic experience.
The Students’ Association is available to support students wishing to submit an appeal and/or complaint.
- Policy and Procedures on Student Appeals
- Appeals Flowchart
- Form for Appeals and Complaints
- Status of Students Pending the Outcome of Consideration of (a) an Academic Appeal or Complaint; (b) Undergraduate Student Progress, or Fitness to Practice.
- The Payment of Expenses Incurred by a Successful Appellant or Complainant: Guidance Note
- Complaints Handling Procedure
- Complaints Guidance for Students
- Complaints Guidance for Member of the Public
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Glossary of Terms
We monitor the effectiveness of our appeals and complaints procedures and analyse data in regard to volume, nature of concern, and action taken. This enables enhancements to our activities or procedures to be actioned should issues of concern or common themes arise.
In line with the requirements of the Scottish Public Sector Ombudsman (SPSO), the University is committed to report on the number of complaints. Data for academic years 2014-2015, 2015-2016 and 2016-2017 are now available.