UNIVERSITY OF ABERDEEN
ACADEMIC POLICY AND REGULATIONS GROUP
A meeting of the Academic Policy and Regulations Group will be held on Monday 21 August 2023 at 3.35pm via Microsoft Teams.
Miss Megan Smith, Administrative Officer
Clerk to the Academic Policy and Regulations Group
1. Approval of the Minute of the Previous Meeting (APRG/210823/001) 2. Matters Arising and Action Log (Oral Item) 3. Quality Code Section 6: External Expertise (APRG/210823/002) Members of the Group are invited to consider the updates made to Section 6 of the Quality Code. 4. Policy and Procedures on Student Absence (APRG/210823/003) Members of the Group are invited to consider the amendments to the Policy and Procedures on Student Absence. 5. Date of Next Meeting The next meeting of the Group will be held on Wednesday 13 September at 2:05pm via Microsoft Teams.
- Previous Agendas
2022 - 2023
The Academic Policy and Regulations Group shall:
- Be responsible, on behalf of the Quality Assurance Committee (QAC), for the development and regular review of University educational policy and regulations relating to undergraduate, postgraduate taught and taught elements of postgraduate research provision and for referring new policy and revisions to existing policies to QAC for approval;
- Ensure that the University’s education policies and regulations align with the QAA Quality Code, the wider Academic Infrastructure, legal compliance (e.g. equality, diversity and inclusion) and other external reference points, as appropriate;
- Ensure that new policy and regulations are effectively communicated to all relevant stakeholders in a suitably accessible way for the different audiences;
- Undertake such other functions as may be referred to the Committee by the Quality Assurance Committee.
Each member of the committee will contribute actively to discussions to inform the development, implementation and review of University policies and regulations.
- Composition and Membership
Chair: Dr Gillian Mackintosh
Clerk: Megan Smith
Chair: Head of Quality
Four academic members, drawn from the Quality Assurance Committee, ensuring an appropriate disciplinary spread.
Two representatives nominated by the President of the Students’ Association.
Clerk (Academic Services)
Acting Assistant Registrar (Academic Services)
Membership Head of Quality and Chair Gillian Mackintosh Dean of Quality Steven Tucker Member of Quality Assurance Committee Faye Hendry Member of Quality Assurance CommitteeI Isabel Crane Member of Quality Assurance Committee tbc Member of Quality Assurance Committee tbc Vice Presidence for Education (AUSA) Akua Serwaa Agyeman Representative (AUSA) tbc In Attendance Acting Assistant Registrar (Academic Services) Liam Dyker Clerk Megan Smith
2022 - 2023
2022 - 2023