In mid April 2019, I was travelling to Iraq as part of a charity organisation made up of doctors, pharmacists and surgeons from around the world. The group included people from Canada, America, Tanzania, Madagascar, Iraq, London and Paris. The aim of this visit was to provide medical aid, as…
Page 1 of 6Posts 1 to 5 of 26
I returned to the UK on Sunday, touching down at 5am to a cold and driech December morning in London.
The temperature was even lower by the time I reached Aberdeen, 10 - but at least the sun was out.
During my last day in Sydney I started thinking about…
I’m writing this 10 hours ahead in Townsville, where it’s 38oC and very humid. Townsville is in Northern Queensland in Australia and officially in the dry tropics. I’m attending as Keynote speaker at the joint meeting of the Australian and New Zealand Association of Clinical Anatomists and Australasian Society for…
Australia is vast - 7.7x106 km2 and would accommodate Scotland a 100 x over, but with a population of only about five times the size. And as Bill Bryson remarked, ‘it has more things that will kill you than anywhere else’: the world’s top ten poisonous snakes - all Australian;…
This is my first trip to Australia and after twenty-two hours travelling and three flights, I finally arrived in Sydney. It was then a two and half hour drive, north, to Newcastle.
The week at the University of Newcastle, New South Wales, was spent meeting researchers interested in signaling, extracellular…
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2020
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2020
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2020
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2020
- May There are no items to show for May 2020
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2020
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020