Analytical services is part of the Institute's scientific support division. These facilities are available to support research in the Rowett and the College of Life Science Medicine from its suite of analytical laboratories. The service was originally set up to ensure consistency of analyses operated under strict quality assurance guidelines.
Analytical techniques were limited to proximate and automated analytical techniques but as the research programmes of the Institute have developed and changed so has the range of analytical techniques needed to support these programmes. Analytical facilities can now support research in the areas of genomics, proteomics and specialised mass spectrometry.
Staff are available for consultation on any aspect of analytical work from sample collection and preparation to discussion on interpretation of final results. The laboratories provide state of the art equipment and staff are highly trained and experienced in all aspects of analytical chemistry. Methods can be developed or adapted to suit individual requirements.
- Analytical Chemistry – Donna Henderson
- Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry – Susan Anderson
- Gas Isotope Ratio Mass Spectrometry – Louise Cantlay
- Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry – Gary Duncan
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography - Lynn Pirie
- Inductively Coupled Plasma Mass Spectrometry - Jodie Park