The Institute of Mathematics staff is internationally recognized for their research excellence, providing an ideal setting for a strong student to pursue a Ph.D. studying within one of our research strengths: algebra, functional analysis, and geometry and topology (see the research page for more details). Prospective students who are considering study in Aberdeen are highly encouraged to get in touch with one or more staff members in their chosen area of research. Questions about postgraduate research in Maths at Aberdeen may also be directed to the director of postgraduate studies.
An application for Ph.D. study in the Institute of Mathematics in Aberdeen is possible at any time.
Some country-specific scholarships:
- Brazil: Science without borders full doctorate fellowship.
- These scholarships include fees and a stipend for up to 4 years, certain other allowances, and some research travel funding.
- To be eligible, you must be a Brazilian citizen.
- Website: http://www.cienciasemfronteiras.gov.br/web/csf-eng/full-phd
- Canada: NSERC postgraduate scholarships.
- These 3-year scholarships provide CAD$21,000/year.
- To be eligible, you must be a Canadian citizens/residents whose previous degree was obtained in Canada.
- Website: http://www.nserc-crsng.gc.ca/Students-Etudiants/PG-CS/BellandPostgrad-BelletSuperieures_eng.asp
- China: Scholarship Council (CSC).
- These scholarships provide a stipend.
- To be eligible, you must be a Chinese citizens.
- Website: http://www.csc.edu.cn/chuguo/
- Mexico: CONACYT postgraduate scholarships.
- These scholarships cover fees and a stipend for 3-5 years.
- To be eligible, you must be a Mexican citizen.
- Website: http://www.conacyt.gob.mx/index.php/becas-y-posgrados/becas-en-el-extranjero
We will seriously consider strong applicants with external funding from the above, or other, sources.
If input (such as a supporting statement) is needed by a potential supervisor, please be in contact well in advance of the deadline.