- Using our Multi-Function Devices
Multi function devices
Multifunction Devices (MFDs) allow you to print, copy and scan documents.
MFDs for both colour and black & white printing, copying and scanning are available on each floor in The Sir Duncan Rice Library and in designated locations in Medical and Taylor libraries. Double-sided and A3 photocopying is available on all MFDs. To use the MFD machines you will need to have funds pre-paid into an appropriate account.
- Students may make pre-payments online via their Student Portal and desktop shortcut on University PCs. Cash payments can be made in person at the Medical Library. Further information on how to pay is online on the IT Services website.
- Staff copying is charged back to departmental budgets
- Members of the public may purchase a re-usable ‘count-down’ card at library service points
Full details relating to MFDs are available. If you are unsure of how to operate the MFDs please ask Library staff. Information about how to scan from sheets of paper and from books is available in the IT Services fact sheet Quick Guide to scanning using MFDs.
See the IT Services fact sheet A Quick Guide to Printing for current printing charges.
- Printing and copying charges
You have a printing budget from which charges for all printing and copying are deducted. For current charges, see associated user guides.
Each time you use your ID card to print or photocopy, the cost is deducted automatically from your printing budget. As long as your budget remains in credit you can print.
Further details on printing can be found on the IT Services site.