- Using our Multi-Function Devices
Multi function devices
Multifunction Devices (MFDs) allow you to print, copy and scan documents.
MFDs for both colour and black & white printing, copying and scanning are available on each floor in The Sir Duncan Rice Library and in designated locations in Medical and Taylor libraries. Double-sided and A3 photocopying is available on all MFDs. To use the MFD machines you will need to have funds pre-paid into an appropriate account.
- Students may make pre-payments online via PrintManage and the desktop shortcut on University PCs. Further information on how to pay is online on the IT Services website.
- Staff copying is charged back to departmental budgets
- Members of the public may purchase a re-usable ‘count-down’ card at library service points for photocopying only
- Members of the public are not able to print from our machines
- Printing and copying charges
All undergraduate and taught postgraduate students have a printing budget from which charges for all printing and copying are deducted. For current charges, see associated user guides.
Each time you use your ID card to print or photocopy, the cost is deducted automatically from your printing budget. As long as your budget remains in credit you can print.
Staff printing and copying budgets are managed by their departments.
Further details on printing can be found on the IT Services site.