This is a past event
Join us for critical overviews of COP26 negotiations in November 2021.
After a year’s delay, COP26 is finally coming to Glasgow this November. This is the first COP since the Covid-19 pandemic began and there is a lot of pressure on countries to review and strengthen commitments under the Paris Agreement. With the return of the US to the negotiating table alongside the push for clarity on climate finance targets and nature-based solutions, it is promising to be an opportunity for significant progress for climate change mitigation and adaptation. Parties and blocks will consider crucial questions about reforms and transformations required to address the current climate crisis.
During COP26, researchers at the Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law will be closely following the climate negotiations and will provide an up do date commentary in the course of four panel discussions. Each panel discussion will feature our prominent energy and climate legal experts zooming in on specific issues, including climate finance, energy, climate adaptation, and many more. Our experts are preparing for a lively critical discussion of the climate negotiations and will be on hand to answer your questions during the Q&A.
- Wednesday, 3 November 4-5pm Reporting: Daria Shapovalova, Discussants: John Paterson and Mary Gilmore Maurer
- Friday, 5 November 4-5pm Reporting: Eddy Wifa, Discussants: Mary Gilmore Maurer and John Paterson
- Wednesday, 10 November 4-5pm Reporting: Thomas Muinzer, Discussants: Eddy Wifa and Titi Adebola
- Friday, 12 November 4-5pm Reporting: Titi Adebola, Discussants: Daria Shapovalova and Thomas Muinzer
*final line-ups TBC
- Hosted by
- Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law
- MS Teams (link via booking form below)
Registration open now!