Co-Director of AUCEL Re-Elected as Co-Convenor of the Energy Law section of the SLS
Co-Director of the Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law Re-Elected as Co-Convenor of the Energy Law section of the Society of Legal Scholars
Dr Thomas L Muinzer's work on the Northern Ireland Climate Change Bill
Dr Thomas L Muinzer, Co-Director of the Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law, provided evidence to the Parliament in the Republic of Ireland on Tuesday 27th October over a 2 hour live session in the afternoon (1:30-3:30), along with Jonathan Church of Client Earth. The Irish have an Amendment Bill...
AUCEL's Dr Eddy Wifa and Dr Thomas Muinzer interviewed on energy transition in Africa
Following Dr Eddy Wifa's presentation on "The Paradox of Plenty, Oil Sector Governance, and Energy Transition in Africa" at a Real Projects webinar organised by the Association of Black and Minority Ethnic Engineers (AFBE) UK-Scotland on the 23rd September 2020, a special interview session was organised to address questions from...
Dr. Shapovalova and Dr. Muinzer appointed as the new Co-Directors of AUCEL
The School of Law here at the University of Aberdeen is pleased to announce that Dr Thomas L Muinzer and Dr Daria Shapovalova have been appointed as the new Co-Directors of the Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law (‘AUCEL’). Dr Muinzer and Dr Shapovalova have taken over the role from...
University of Aberdeen's Centre for Energy Law Public Policy Engagement
In the summer, researchers at the Aberdeen University’s Centre for Energy Law (AUCEL) responded to the call for evidence of the Scottish Government’s Just Transition Commission. You can read their responses on the Scottish Government’s website. In their responses, the AUCEL researchers focused on the challenges and opportunities of achieving...
Dr Daria Shapovalova has a new publication the Energy Policy journal
Our Daria Shapovalova has co-authored a new paper on the effects of Western sanctions on Russian Arctic petroleum production. Following the conflict in Ukraine, the European Union and the United States adopted sanctions limiting the cooperation between Russian and western companies for Arctic offshore petroleum development. The paper analyses the...
Abbe Brown and Marcel Jaspars lead discussions on 'Saving Oceans with Law and Science' at the RSE
Our Prof Abbe Brown and Prof Marcel Jaspars (Chemistry) have been working together for years in their interdisciplinary engagement with negotiations at the United Nations towards an international legally binding instrument under the UN Convention on the Law of the Sea on the conservation and sustainable use of marine biological...
Abbe Brown has a new publication in the Royal Society of Edinburgh journal
Our Prof Abbe Brown contributed to an article in the new issue of the ReSourcE newsletter, publication of the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Prof Brown and Prof Jaspars (of the School of Natural and Computing Sciences) wrote about their work on the process of negotiation of the new international legally-binding instrument under the United...
Dr Thomas Muinzer is a guest editor for the International Journal of Global Energy Issues
Dr Thomas L Muinzer of the Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law is Guest Editor for a new Special Issue of the peer-reviewed academic journal International Journal of Global Energy Issues, on “Rethinking the Energy Agenda and Priorities for Fossil Fuels after Extreme Disruptions”. He will be Guest Editing the issue with...
Dr Daria Shapovalova published two blog entries on Arctic governance
Dr Daria Shapovalova provided commentary on the current events in the Arctic in two blog posts which were published this week. The first post is for the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and discusses the Scottish Arctic Policy presented last year. The publication originated from an international symposium held in...
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2017
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2017
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2017
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2017
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2017
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2017
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2016
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2016
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2016
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2016
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2016
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2016
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2016
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2016
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2016
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013