Professor Tina Soliman Hunter interviewed for BBC Brazil
Last week, our Professor Tina Soliman Hunter was interviewed for BBC Brazil on issues relating to the development and direction of Petrobras, the Brazilian state oil company. The full text is available in Portuguese here - https://www.bbc.com/portuguese/geral-49743153
Prof Greg Gordon gave talk at the North Sea Energy Law Programme in Copenhagen'
Last week, our Prof Greg Gordon was in Copenhagen teaching Carbon Capture and Storage on the North Sea Energy Law Programme. The NSELP is a joint LLM programme between four universities: Groningen (The Netherlands), Oslo (Norway), Aberdeen (United Kingdom) and Copenhagen (Denmark). It is a part-time degree programme offering advanced...
Prof Soliman Hunter is providing a keynote address for the IECCA meeting in Moscow
Professor Tina Soliman Hunter is providing a keynote address for the 7th Annual Meeting of the International Expert Council for Cooperation in the Arctic (IECCA) on 7 November 2019 in Moscow. The theme of the meeting is ‘Information technologies in the Arctic: navigation, communication and management’. She is also giving...
Professor John Paterson gave a lecture at the National Decommissioning Centre
On Thursday 24 October, our Professor John Paterson gave a lecture on the legal and regulatory dimension of decommissioning to the first intake of PhD students to the National Decommissioning Centre at Newburgh. On Friday 25 October, he hosted a session at the NDC featuring Uisdean Vass, Head of Oil and...
"Oil and Mineral Resources for Good, Development and Sustainable Development" CPD Masterclass
This month Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law (AUCEL) are hosting a CPD Local Content Masterclass "Oil and Mineral Resources for Good, Development and Sustainable Development".
Dr Daria Shapovalova at the 'Beyond Oil 2019: Deep and Rapid Transformations' conference in Bergen
Last week Dr Daria Shapovalova presented her work on energy and climate change at the 'Beyond Oil 2019: Deep and Rapid Transformations' conference in Bergen. She discussed avenues for better integration of energy decarbonisation into the international climate change regime. Find more information about the conference here:https://www.uib.no/en/cet/123851/beyond-oil-2019-deep-and-rapid-transformations?fbclid=IwAR3eiyh-jiOzQQ4NyZCxNNf8ZXiZXvU80Rgg8EnYY-4O8YgWo1Rf8L_po0w
Dr Shapovalova presented her work at the North-Pacific Arctic Conference
Our Daria Shapovalova has travelled to Honolulu, Hawaii to present her work at the annual North Pacific Arctic Conference, organisied by the East West Center and the Korean Maritime Institute. Daria was selected as the Early Career Fellow of the programme and delivered a paper and presenation on pollution prevention...
Professor Soliman Hunter in Australian press on the 10th anniversary of Montara oil spill
Our Prof Tina Soliman Hunter has published an op ed in Australia's largest newspaper, the Daily Telegraph, discussing the Montara oil spill on its tenth anniversary. Read the whole piece here: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/rendezview/next-montara-disaster-is-a-case-of-when-not-if/news-story/9f515749313f4164709e023d441279ab
Centre for Energy Law is now member of IUCN Academy of Environmental Law
The Aberdeen University Centre for Energy Law has become the latest body to be accepted into the IUCN Academy of Environmental Law. IUCN, the International Union for Conservation of Nature, was created in 1948, and has since evolved into the world’s largest and most diverse environmental network. The IUCN Academy The IUCN Academy...
New book by Dr Constantinos Yiallourides
In this first edition, Dr Yiallourides has attempted to offer an informative primer to a technical and highly controversial legal issue - disputed maritime boundaries and disputed resources - believing that if you take away the 'mystery' you can take away a great deal of the controversy. Focusing on two long-standing...
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2017
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2017
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2017
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2017
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2017
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2017
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2016
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2016
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2016
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2016
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2016
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2016
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2016
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2016
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2016
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2013
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2013
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2013
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2013
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2013
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2013