If you have failed or missed an exam/assessment due to medical or extenuating circumstances, you must apply for reassessment. No students are automatically registered for resit exams/reassessments.
The examination timetables for all of the exam diets will be available around four weeks before the exams start. See Producing Exam Timetables Information on Exam Timetables page.
Reassessment Application Deadlines
The deadlines for reassessment applications in the 2017-2018 year are available to view on the Exams page under Important Dates and Deadlines.
Applications made after the Application Deadline Date as stated will incure a late fee of £30.00 - See Late Applications section below.
If you have any queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I apply for?
You can apply to:
- resit an exam
- re-submit coursework for assessment
- undertake a repeat placement for a course
Some courses may not allow resits/resubmissions so please check the Catalogue of Courses or check with the School Office if you are unsure.
How to apply
- You can apply via the Online Store;
- Students with medical or extenuating circumstances can apply before the Reassessment Application Deadline by downloading the Reassessment Application form and emailing it to email@example.com. In order to apply after the deadline date has passed, please pay via the Online Store using the product for students with Medical Certificate (MC), Good Cause (GC), Self Certificate (SC) results which only charges a late fee of £30. Please refer to the Late Applications section below.
- Students who are unable to use the online store due to technical reasons may hand in their form with the appropriate payment to the Infohub.
- Students who are unable to use the online store for financial reasons should complete the downloadable form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Exams Team will invoice you for the fees which will provide more time to pay. Invoices should be paid within thirty days.
- The December 2017 Reassessment Application Form can be downloaded from here.
- The May 2018 Reassessment Application Form will be available here soon.
- The Summer 2018 Reassessment Application Form will be available here soon
- The Summer 2018 First Half Session Online Store Products will be available from Thursday 4 January 2018
- The Summer 2018 Second Half Session Online Store Products will be available from Wednesday 16 May 2018
- £30 per course reassessment (capped at £180 for 6 or more reassessments)
- £30 late fee for any applications received after the application deadline (see Late Applications section below)
All fees are non-refundable.
Eligibility to resit
Undergraduate students (with the exception of Level 4) may have up to three attempts to pass a course. Due to requirements set by the Home Office, results recorded as NP - No Paper, SC - Self Certificate, MC - Medical Certificate and GC - Good Cause reasons are counted as attempts. This applies to both Home and Overseas students.
A student requiring a fourth attempt must contact Registry and seek academic approval. The student should email email@example.com to present a case for permission to resit a fourth time. This will be passed to the Convener of Students' Progress Committee (CSPC) for a decision.
Self Certificate, Medical Certificate or Good Cause
Students who missed their exam(s), submission deadline(s) or placement(s) for a medical or other reason which has been accepted by their School, must still apply to resit the exam(s), resubmit the assignment(s) or repeat the placement(s) by submitting an Application Form. No Reassessment Fee will be charged but a Late Fee will be charged for any application received after the appropriate deadline (see Late Applications section below).
December and May diets:
- Once you have applied and been registered, your resit exam scheduling will appear on MyTimetable after the exam timetable has been published
- For resubmission of coursework, assignments and repeat placements: you should contact the School Office for reassessment details
- Initially this timetable which will show only the dates and times of the exams will be available for view through the Infohub website as a pdf document after the exam timetable has been published. Once final candidate numbers have been confirmed, exam venues will be added to the pdf document and additionally over the latter half of June the timetable will also be published on MyTimetable.
When can I resit an exam?
If you did not attend or pass a first semester exam in the December exam diet, you can resit this exam in the Summer resit diet of the same session or in the December exam diet or Summer Resit diet of the next academic session. You cannot resit the exam in the May diet.
If you did not attend or pass a second semester exam in the May exam diet, you can resit this exam in the Summer resit diet of the same session or the May exam diet or Summer Resit diet of the next academic session. You cannot resit the exam in the December diet.
Applications received after the deadline may not be accepted. These are subject to School approval which you must seek and obtain.
If there are no students registered for a resit exam by the application deadline Schools are not required to provide an exam. Students who apply late, therefore, are not guaranteed an exam will be scheduled and may find they will have to resit their exam(s) at a future exam diet.
If you have applied late and a clash occurs in your timetable, please speak to your School. If they cannot make alternative arrangements you will need to wait until the next available exam diet. In some cases this may affect your progression to the next academic session.
Be sure to apply before the resit application deadline!
Permission is rarely given for examinations to be taken off campus, and only exceptional circumstances are considered. This does not include personal inconvenience or expense. For further information regarding this, please contact us. All requests must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by the end of the relevant teaching term or in the case of the Summer reassessment diet by the appropriate Resit Application Deadline. The fee for an off-campus exam is £50. Full details will be given as your request is processed.