Leone Craig graduated from the University of Aberdeen with a BSc (Honours) in Health Sciences and an MSc in Human Nutrition & Metabolism. In 2005 she completed a PhD in Nutrition at The Robert Gordon University focussing on the area of childhood obesity.
She joined the Department of Environmental and Occupational Medicine in October 2003 as a Research Assistant on the SEATON study. She was a Research Fellow in Public Health Nutrition from June 2005 to December 2017 when she moved to her current post of Teaching Fellow in Applied Health Sciences.
Dietary assessment and cross-sectional and cohort studies of diet and health in children and adults. Early life nutrition including infant feeding and childhood obesity.
A positive deviance approach to determine strategies for improving diet quality.
Measurement and communication of healthy sustainable diets.
Comparison of methods for global assessment of diets.
Development and testing of nutritional resources for adolescents from a low socio-economic background.
- The Study of Eczema and Asthma To Observe the influence of Nutrition (SEATON) longitudinal study.
- Aberdeen Birth Cohort (ABC) 1936 & 1921.
Secondary Analysis of the Survey of Sugar Intake among Children in Scotland (Food Standards Agency Scotland) 2007-2008. £69,040. McNeill G, Masson L, Craig L, Macdiarmid J, Holmes B.
A prospective study exploring the early infant feeding experiences of parents and their significant others during the first 6 months of life: what would make a difference? (NHS Health Scotland) 2009-2010. £89,754. Hoddinott P, Craig L, McInnes R.
Survey of diet, influences on food choices and eating practices among children in Scotland in 2010 (Food Standards Agency Scotland) 2010-2011. £468,204. Masson L, McNeill G, Macdiarmid J, Craig L, Bromley C.
Feasibility study for a trial of proactive telephone support for breastfeeding women (NHS Grampian) 2010-2011. £46,007. Hoddinott P, Craig L, McNicol J, Chick C, Riach J.
Qualitative Evaluation of the Eat, Play and Grow Well Programme (NHS Grampian) 2010-2011. £29,991. Craig L, Douglas F.
Development and clinical piloting of a dietary soup intervention during pregnancy with the aim of reducing the likelihood of childhood asthma (Baxters, Knowledge Exchange Transfer Fund, UoA Development Trust) 2012-2013. £52,487. Devereux G, Clark J, McNeill G, Norrie J, Craig L, Danielian P, Turner S.
Research to inform the development of a child healthy weight intervention for pre-school children (NHS Grampian) 2012-2013. £29,500. Craig L, Douglas F, Clark J, Jackson D, McNeill G, Reid V.
2017/2018-present Programme co-coordinator MSc Global Health & Management
2018/2019 Course co-coordinator PU5042 Introduction to Global Health online course
2018/2019 Course co-coordinator PU5505 Global Health (MSc Global Health & Management programme)
2016/17-present Course coordinator PU5534 Public Health Nutrition (MSc Human Nutrition programme)
2015/16 Assistant course coordinator PU5504 Public Health Nutrition (MSc Human Nutrition programme)
Lecturer on MSc Human Nutrition programme (Assessment of Nutritional Status, Nutrition and Health, Public Health Nutrition specialism courses)
Supervision of MSc Human Nutrition, Masters in Public Health, MSc Global Health & Management research projects
- Further Info
Member of the Nutrition Society Scottish Section CommitteeMember of the NHS Grampian Maternal & Infant Nutrition/Child Healthy Weight Steering GroupMember of the National Child Healthy Weight Evaluation Advisory Group
Page 4 of 8 Results 31 to 40 of 80
- Newlands, R, Clark, J, Craig, LCA, Hoddinott, P, Heys, SD & McNeill, G 2014, 'A randomised feasibility trial with women treated for breast cancer comparing a commercial weight loss programme alone; with additional breast cancer focused dietitian-led groups and waiting- list control: The Breast Cancer Healthy Weight (BRIGHT) Trial' Proceedings of the American Institute of the Cancer Research Annual Research Conference on Food, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Cancer.
- Hill, WD, Davies, G, Van De Lagemaat, LN, Christoforou, A, Marioni, RE, Fernandes, CPD, Liewald, DC, Croning, MDR, Payton, A, Craig, LCA, Whalley, LJ, Horan, M, Ollier, W, Hansell, NK, Wright, MJ, Martin, NG, Montgomery, GW, Steen, VM, Le Hellard, S, Espeseth, T, Lundervold, AJ, Reinvang, I, Starr, JM, Pendleton, N, Grant, SGN, Bates, TC & Deary, IJ 2014, 'Human cognitive ability is influenced by genetic variation in components of postsynaptic signalling complexes assembled by NMDA receptors and MAGUK proteins' Translational Psychiatry, vol. 4, e341, pp. 1-8. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/tp.2013.114
- Hoddinott, P, Morgan, H, Thomson, G, Crossland, N, Craig, L, Britten, J, Farrar, S, Newlands, R, Kiezebrink, K & Coyle, J 2013, 'Intervention vignettes as a qualitative tool to refine complex intervention design' Trials, vol. 14, no. Suppl 1, pp. O55. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/1745-6215-14-S1-O55
- Nwaru, BI, Craig, LCA, Allan, K, Prabhu, N, Turner, SW, McNeill, G, Erkkola, M, Seaton, A & Devereux, GS 2013, 'Breastfeeding and introduction of complementary foods during infancy in relation to the risk of asthma and atopic diseases up to 10 years' Clinical & experimental allergy, vol. 43, no. 11, pp. 1263-1273. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/cea.12180
- Gardner, MP, Martin-Ruiz, C, Cooper, R, Hardy, R, Sayer, AA, Cooper, C, Deary, IJ, Gallacher, J, Harris, SE, Shiels, PG, Starr, JM, Kuh, D, von Zglinicki, T, Ben-Shlomo, Y, Alfred, T, Aucott, P, Craig, L, Day, I, Demakakos, P, Elliott, J, Gale, C, Goodwin, J, Lennox, A, Martin, R, McNeill, G, Mishra, G, Mulla, Z, Murray, E, Parsons, S, Power, C, Richards, M, Southall, H, Steptoe, A, Tilling, K & Whalley, L 2013, 'Telomere Length and Physical Performance at Older Ages: An Individual Participant Meta-Analysis' PloS ONE, vol. 8, no. 7, e69526. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0069526
- McInnes, RJ, Hoddinott, P, Britten, J, Darwent, K & Craig, LCA 2013, 'Significant others, situations and infant feeding behaviour change processes: a serial qualitative interview study' BMC Pregnancy and Childbirth, vol. 13, 114. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1186/1471-2393-13-114
- Newlands, R, Haseen, F, Craig, L, Hoddinott, P, Heys, S & McNeill, G 2013, 'Interventions to promote weight loss in women treated for breast cancer: a systematic review' Obesity Facts, vol. 6, no. Suppl. 1, T1:P.149, pp. 85. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1159/000170983
- Mohamad, H, Haseen, F, Craig, LCA, Heys, SD, N'Dow, JMO & McNeill, G 2013, 'The effect of dietary and exercise interventions on body weight in men diagnosed with prostate cancer: A systematic review' Obesity Facts, vol. 6, no. Suppl.1, pp. 118-119. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1159/000170983
- Douglas, FCG, Craig, LCA, Clark, J, Gilmartin, AE, Dick, S & McNeill, G 2013, Main final report of a research study commissioned to inform a preschool child weight management programme within Grampian: Parents' and health visitors' prespectives. NHS Grampian.
- Smith, SM, Craig, LCA, Raja, EA, McNeill, G & Turner, SW 2013, 'Growing up before growing out: secular trends in height, weight and obesity in 5–6-year-old children born between 1970 and 2006' Archives of Disease in Childhood, vol. 98, no. 4, pp. 269-273. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1136/archdischild-2012-302391