Farr Newsletter 10th November 2017
Initial Board Appointments for Health Data Research UK Last Call for Data Fest 2018 Fringe Event Proposals Q&A with the Editor-in-Chief of the IJPDS Publications New 100 Ways of Using Data to Make Lives Better case study on the Farr Institute website: How Data Can Help Find New Ways to Help People in Psychiatric Emergencies. ...
New trial of remote support for ambulances could enhance Highland emergency care
The University of Aberdeen, NHS Highland and the Scottish Ambulance Service are testing new technology which enables paramedics to send high-quality video and ultrasound images ahead of a patient's arrival at hospital.
Scotland's first audit of older people's services launched
The University of Aberdeen is to lead the first audit of specialist geriatric medicine services for older people in Scotland in collaboration with Health Improvement Scotland and the British Geriatrics Society.
Farr Newsletter 20th October 2017
PhD Student Wins MRC's Max Perutz Science Writing Award Cancer Challenge Funding Call Submit Event Proposal to Data Fest Fringe Publications Stiglik, Gregor, Sheikh, Aziz, et al. 2017. 'Challenges associated with missing data in electronic health records: a case study of a risk prediction model for diabetes using data from Slovenian primary care' Health Informatics...
Farr Newsletter 13th October 2017
Future Leaders in Health Data Science Gather in Swansea Smoking During Pregnancy Linked to Childhood Obesity PUBLICATIONS Nwaru, Bright I., et al. 2017. 'Can Learning Health Systems Help Organisations Deliver Personalised Care?' BMC Medicine. bmcmedicine.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s12916-017-0935-0. Turner, M, Fielding, S, Ong, Y, Dibben, C, Feng, Z, Brewster, DH, Black, C, Lee, A & Murchie, P 2017, 'A...
Smoking during pregnancy linked to childhood obesity
Children born to mothers who smoked during pregnancy are more likely to be overweight or obese than if the mother did not according to research from the University of Aberdeen.
Hope for couples suffering IVF miscarriage
Women who miscarry during their first full round of IVF are more likely to have a baby after further treatment than women who don't get pregnant at all.
Farr Newsletter 8th September 2017
Positive Impact of Smoking Bans on Child Health Backed by Study Dr Google Will See You Now: How Data Can Revolutionise Healthcare Kirstin Leslie (The Farr Institute Scotland Associated PhD Student) shortlisted for 2017 Max Perutz Science Writing Award Dr Jessica Butler (supported by The Farr Institute & ADRC Scotland) has won the...
Farr Newsletter 1st September 2017
The Farr Institute Air Pollution & Fetal Growth Study was a Lead Story in Scottish Sunday Times CPRD Seeking New Committee Members OpportunitiesResearch Support Officer
Farr Newsletter 25th August 2017
MRC Clinical Research Training Fellowships (CRTF) and Clinician Scientist Fellowships (CSF) Proximity to Discovery: Industry Engagement Fund 2017 University of Edinburgh's Flexible MSc ProgrammesMSc in Global HealthMSc in Data Science, Technology and Innovation (Medical Informatics) OpportunitiesResearch Support Officer
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2013
- Feb There are no items for February 2013
- Mar There are no items for March 2013
- Apr There are no items for April 2013
- May There are no items for May 2013
- Jun There are no items for June 2013
- Jul There are no items for July 2013
- Sep There are no items for September 2013
- Oct There are no items for October 2013
- Nov There are no items for November 2013
- Dec There are no items for December 2013
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- May There are no items for May 2010
- Jun There are no items for June 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Sep There are no items for September 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Nov There are no items for November 2010
- Dec There are no items for December 2010