Our staff are currently undertaking pedagogic research which includes:
* Dr Amudha Poobalan - Transitioning to Postgraduate Education – Do they really need support? Further details can be found here.
* Dr Heather Morgan - Work based placements: fostering the development of Graduate Attributes at Masters level? Further details can be found here.
* Dr Amudha Poobalan - 'Sink or Swim?' results. Considerations for International Medical Elective projects at the University of Aberdeen. Further details can be found here.
* Dr Lynsey Christie - “The effect of pre-submission feedback on student engagement and performance”. This work is exploring the use of real-time video feedback on assignments prior to submission to enhance student understanding of studying research design.
Pedagogical Research Grants
* Feb - Sep 2019. Learning and Teaching Enhancement Programme (£1958) Enhancing postgraduate learning and experience: Evaluation of the SUCCESS PLUS programme (Socio-cultural Coaching for Careers and Employability to Support Success: Pathways for Life Underpinning Success). Poobalan A, Christie L, Morgan H, Craig L, Kyle J, Bhattacharya S, Okpo E.
* June - Sept 2017. Summer Studentship (£1500) Lecture recording and its impact on lecture attendance and academic performance: A systematic review. Poobalan A (PI), Comber D, Nordman E
* June - Sept 2017. Summer Studentship (£1500) The Role of Student Support Structures in Student Transitions: A systematic review. Barrow J (PI), Poobalan A, Foster K, Cleland J
* April 2017- July 2018. Learning and Teaching Enhancement Programme award. (£940) Student transitions: the role of student support structures. Cleland J (PI), Poobalan A, Barrow J, Foster K