01 June 2011-30 June 2014
The Recruit and Retain project aims to find solutions to the persistent problem of difficulties in recruiting and retaining high quality people to work in the public sector in the remote rural areas of Northern Europe.
The core project will address issues and solutions with respect to health care workers. The Recruit and Retain Strategic Management Group will identify areas within the core project work which are applicable to other public service workers.
This will relate to those people working in education, the social services, the fire and emergency services and local government civil servants and will constitute the additional work of the Strategic project.
Within its core service package innovative approaches to:
- professional development and skills maintenance
- combating isolation
- securing social and family stability
will be sought, advanced and tested. This will allow a novel long term service provision plan for all public sector workers to be developed in the form of a business model capable of being adapted to differing regional contexts at both a regional and national level.
Final conference: 6 May 2014
- NHS Western Isles, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, Scotland, UK
- Agency for Health and Prevention, Nuuk, Greenland
- FSA Akureyri Hospital, Akureyri, Iceland
- Helse Finnmark Health Trust, Finnmark, Norway
- County of Västerbotten, Umeå, Sweden
- University of Aberdeen, Centre for Rural Health, Inverness, Scotland
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine, Sudbury, Canada
- Cooperation and Working Together (CAWT), Londonderry, Ireland and Northern Ireland
Northern Periphery Programme 2007-2013
Dr David Heaney | www.recruitandretain.eu