To improve health through the clinical research of chronic diseases and health care, supporting evidenced based practice and policy.
Outward looking group where strength is in the network of collaborations within IAHS, clinical partners (aided by joint contracts) and externally.
Cross cutting themes
Five cross cutting methodological themes underpin the work of the group and members of the group bring complementary areas of expertise.
- Data science
- Descriptive and analytical epidemiology
- Evidence to inform practice and policy: evidence synthesis and RCTs
- Risk prediction/stratification
In keeping with the ethos of the group, we lead or contribute to a substantial number of collaborations both within the organisation and externally. The group also host a number of chronic disease datasets.
Data Linkage Research
- HEADLINES - Health and Data Linkage in North East Scotland (Chair and members)
- Grampian Data Safe Haven (Lead and members)
- Aberdeen Centre for Health Data Science
Hon Senior Clinical Lecturer
- Dr Nick Fluck
- Dr Simon Hilton
- Dr William Moore
- Dr Emmanuel Okpo
- Dr Maria Rossi
- Dr Chris Littlejohn
- Dr Laura Clark
- Dr Angharad Marks
- Melanie Turner - Research Fellow
- Steve Turner - Chair in Paediatrics
- Lina F M Altayeb