Alexandros joined Economics at the University of Aberdeen in 2003. His research interests are in labour economics, health economics, and applied econometrics. Alexandros has led various funded projects (Nuffield Foundation, Chief Scientist Office, Carnegie Trust for the Universities of Scotland) and participated in large EU funded projects. He has published in a wide range of journals including the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Labour Economics, and Industrial Relations.
Alexandros is the Head of Economics discipline.
University of Aberdeen:
Econometrics (EC3529), History of Economic Thought (EC4504), Labour Economics (EC5503)
Scottish Graduate Programme in Economics:
Labour Economics (ECNM11009)
- Further Info
1. Head of Economics
2. Academic Lead
3. Undergraduate Programmes Director - Economics
4. Member of the Business School Athena Swann SAT team
5. Member of the Academic Integrity Team
Page 1 of 2 Results 1 to 10 of 19
- Dickey, HS, Norwood, PF, Watson, V & Zangelidis, A 2018, Eye Care Service in Scotland: Did the Scots Get it Right? Project Report..
- Theodossiou, I & Zangelidis, A 2018, 'Inequality and Participative Democracy. A Self‐Reinforcing Mechanism', Review of Income and Wealth. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/roiw.12401
- Dickey, HS, Norwood, PF, Watson, V & Zangelidis, A 2018 'More Than Meets The Eye: Has the Eye Care Policy in Scotland Had Wider Health Benefits?' Discussion Paper in Economics, no. 1, vol. 18, University of Aberdeen Business School.
- Barmby, T, Sessions, JG & Zangelidis, A 2016, 'Looking after number two? Competition, cooperation and workplace interaction', Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol. 131, no. Part A, pp. 166-182. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jebo.2016.08.001
- Dickey, H, Ikenwilo, D, Norwood, P, Watson, V & Zangelidis, A 2016, '“Doctor my eyes”: A natural experiment on the demand for eye care services ', Social Science & Medicine, vol. 150, pp. 117-127. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.socscimed.2015.12.037
- Theodossiou, I & Zangelidis, A 2015 'Inequality and Participative Democracy A Self-Reinforcing Mechanism' Discussion Paper in Economics, no. 15, vol. 15, University of Aberdeen Business School, Aberdeen.
- Dickey, HS, Watson, V & Zangelidis, A 2015 'What Triggers Multiple Job-Holding? A Stated Preference Investigation' Discussion Paper in Economics, no. 4, vol. 15, University of Aberdeen Business School.
- Panos, GA, Pouliakas, K & Zangelidis, A 2014, 'Multiple Job Holding, Skill Diversification, and Mobility', Industrial Relations, vol. 53, no. 2, pp. 223-272. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/irel.12055
- Livanos, I & Zangelidis, A 2013, 'Unemployment, Labour Market Flexibility and Absenteeism: A Pan-European Study', Industrial Relations, vol. 52, no. 2, pp. 492-515. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1111/irel.12021
- Livanos , I & Zangelidis, A 2012, 'Multiple Job-Holding Among Male Workers in Greece', Regional Studies, vol. 46, no. 1, pp. 119-135. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/00343404.2010.486780