University of Aberdeen Policies
- University of Aberdeen Athena SWAN Information for Staff
- University of Aberdeen Athena SWAN Strategy and Governance
- Annual Review
- Flexible Working
- Parental Leave
- Special Leave
- Personal Tutors: Student advice and assistance
- Staff development and training
Useful websites and Resources
- EDI Newsletter: September 2021
- EDI Newsletter - April 2021
- EDI Newsletter - November 2020
- Athena Swan Newsletter - April 2019
- Athena Swan Booklet
- ECU (2016), Equality Challenge Unit - Athena SWAN Charter [Homepage of Equality Challenge Unit], [Online]. Available: www.ecu.ac.uk [Accessed: 3 June 2016].
- ECU (2015), ECU’s Athena SWAN Charter - Awards Handbook [Homepage of Equality Challenge Unit], [Online]. Available: http://www.ecu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/ECU-Handbook-26.05.15-FINAL.pdf [Accessed: 3 June 2016].
- ECU (2013a), Equality in higher education: statistical report 2013 [Homepage of Equality Challenge Unit], [Online]. Available: http://www.ecu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/external/equality-in-he-statistical-report-2013-staff.pdf [Accessed: 16 July 2016].
- ECU (2013b), Promoting good relations on Campus [Homepage of ECU], [Online]. Available: http://www.ecu.ac.uk/wp-content/uploads/external/promoting-good-relations-on-campus.pdf [Accessed: 20 July 2016].
- Kennie, T. (2012) Disruptive Innovation and the Higher Education ecosystem post-2012. Leadership Foundation for Higher Education: London. Available at: http://leadership.ranmore.co.uk/downloads/papers/Disruptive%20Innovation%20and%20the%20UK%20HE%20Ecosystem%20Post%202012.pdf [Accessed 17 November 2016].
- Morley, L. (2013) Women and Higher Education Leadership: Absences and Aspirations. Leadership Foundation for Higher Education: London. Available at https://www.ses.unam.mx/curso2015/pdf/23oct-Morley.pdf : [Accessed 17 November 2016].
- Respect & inclusion at Deloitte [YouTube Accessed 29 March 2017]
- Tom Schuller, 2017, The Paula Principle, Scribe, London
- Bohnet, I. 2106 What works: Gender Equality by Design. Harvard University Press: London.
- Donald, A., Harvey, P.H. & McLean A.R. (2011). "Bridging the gender gap in UK science", Nature International weekly journal of science, vol. 478, pp. 36.
- Lublin, JS (2016) Earning It: Hard-Won Lessons from Trailblazing Women at the Top of the Business World, Harper Business: London.
- Slaughter, AM. 2015 Unfinished Business: Women Men Work Family. OneWorld publications, London.
- Benschop, Y. and van den Brink, M. (2012) Gender practices in the construction of academic excellence: Sheep with five legs. Organization, 19(4): 507-524.
- Dunn, D., Gerlach, J. M. and Hyle, A. E. (2014) Gender and Leadership: Reflections of Women in Higher Education Administration. International Journal of Leadership and Change, 2(1) Article 2.
- Mauthner, N. S. and Alkhaled-Studholme, S. (2012) Women and Management in Britain. In: Paludi, M. (ed) Women and Management Worldwide: Global Issues and Promising Solutions. Santa Barbara, CA: Praeger.
- Mauthner, N. S. and Edwards, R. (2010) Possibilities and practices of feminist research management in higher education in Britain. Gender, Work and Organization, 17(5): 481-502.
- Morley, L. (2012) The rules of the game: women and the leaderist turn in higher education. Gender and Education, 25(1): 116-131.
- Teelken, C. and Deem, R. (2013) All are equal, but some are more equal than others: managerialism and gender equality in higher education in comparative perspective. Comparative Education, 49(4): 520-535.
- van den Brink, M. and Benschop, Y. (2012) Slaying the Seven-Headed Dragon: The Quest for Gender Change in Academia. Gender, Work and Organization, 19(1): 71–92.
- Valentova, M. (2016) Generation and the propensity of long career interruptions due to childcare under different family policy regimes: A multilevel approach. International Sociology: 31(6): 701-725.
Find out more about Athena Swan