If you enjoy exploring an idea and moving it towards a finished moving product, Mechanical Engineering offers you a chance to develop your skills and knowledge in this area. There is no better place to study Engineering than in the Energy Capital of Europe and Aberdeen has strong links to industry. Mechanical Engineers work in diverse industries such as automotive, aerospace, biotechnology, IT, MEMS, and renewable energy.
Engineering is one of the most satisfying professions. You get results. You make things happen. You generate new solutions to other people's problems and at the end of the day, you have the job satisfaction of being able to see your work in action. Engineering is an intellectually demanding profession, mainly because of the wide range of skills you need to deploy. You are expected to be good at mathematics, to have a sound grasp of basic sciences, to be inventive and creative, to be able to sell your ideas to clients and colleagues and, in due course, to organise and lead fellow professionals.
- Integrated Engineering School, containing award-winning staff and modern, well-equipped laboratories
- Common core in years 1 and 2 for all engineering students
- Programmes reflect 'systems engineering' approach in modern industry
- Final choice of specialisation can be made at start of year 3
- Philosophy of world-class teaching in an atmosphere of research
What You'll Study
Major-Minor Honours Degrees
Undergraduate Open Day
Our next Open Day will be onFind out More
Student Recruitment & Admissions Service
University of Aberdeen