Charges for part-time programmes are based on the credits or courses/modules you register for. If a programme is charged on a modular basis, this is noted on the fee rate list.
Assistance for Part-time Undergraduate Students
Part-time students studying up to 75 credits (maximum) may be eligible to apply for the SAAS Part-time Fee Grant to help towards the cost of tuition fees.
SAAS Part-time Fee Grant
To qualify for this funding, you must:
- have an individual income of £25,000 a year or less
- be studying part-time Higher Education course(s), Professional Development Award (PDA) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at levels 7-10 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)
- complete between 30-75 SCQF credits per year
- be studying at a Scottish Institution
- meet the residence conditions as set out in The Students' Allowances (Scotland) Regulations 2007
Only certain Taught Postgraduate courses, mostly at Diploma level are eligible to apply. SAAS have a published list of courses that are eligible for tuition fee support.
- Download the appropriate form from the SAAS website
- send the completed form to the Postgraduate & Fees Team at the address below for endorsement or hand it in to the Infohub.
- your endorsed form will be returned to you so that you can send it on to SAAS with any supporting documentation.
- we will record the date your form is posted but we cannot be held responsible for your form once it has left the office.
Verifying your SAAS PTFG Award
- once your application has been approved by SAAS you will be sent an Award Notice.
- follow the instructions on the Award Notice and send it directly to the Postgraduate & Fees Team (details below).
- No fee adjustments will be made to your student account until you have submitted your Award Notice to Postgraduate & Fees Team.
- You will remain fully liable for your fees until your Award Notice is received by the Postgraduate & Fees Team.
- We will assume you are self funded, if you fail to submit your Award Notice or submit it to the wrong Department you will be invoiced for the full amount of your fees.
- If your form is not signed by an authorised signatory within the Postgraduate & Fees Team, SAAS will reject your application.
- You must submit your endorsed application form to SAAS within six months of the course start date otherwise your application will be rejected.
- SAAS approval can take 28 days and it is your responsibility to contact them if you do not hear from them within that time.