GUIDANCE FOR SAAS PART-TIME FEE GRANT 23/24
Charges for part-time programmes are based on the credits or courses/modules you register for. If a programme is charged on a modular basis, this is noted on the fee rate list.
Assistance for Part-time Undergraduate Students
Part-time students studying up to 75 credits in any academic year and no more than 45 credits in either half-session may be eligible to apply for the SAAS Part-time Fee Grant to help towards the cost of tuition fees.
SAAS Part-time Fee Grant
To qualify for this funding, you must:
- have an individual income of £25,000 a year or less
- be studying part-time Higher Education course(s), Professional Development Award (PDA) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at levels 7-10 of the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF)
- complete between 30-75 SCQF credits per year
- be studying at a Scottish Institution
- meet the residence conditions as set out in The Students' Allowances (Scotland) Regulations 2007
SAAS have further information on funding for part-time postgraduate study here.
- The closing date for online applications to be submitted to SAAS is 31 March 2024.
Verifying your SAAS PTFG Award
- SAAS will send you a provisional Award Notice when they first assess your eligibility based on the information you have provided in your application.
- The University will then verify your application to SAAS directly.
- After the verification process is complete SAAS will send you a final Award Notice which confirms your funding for the Academic Year.
- Follow the instructions on the final Award Notice and email it directly to the Tuition Fees Team
- No fee adjustments will be made to your student account until you have submitted your Award Notice to the Tuition Fees Team.
- You will remain fully liable for payment of tuition fees until your Award Notice is received by the Tuition Fees Team.
- We will assume you are self funded and personally liable for payment, if you fail to submit your Award Notice or submit it to the wrong Department and you will be invoiced for the full amount of your fees.
- SAAS approval can take 28 days and it is your responsibility to contact them if you do not hear from them within that time.
Tuition Fees Team