Page 1 of 11 to 3 of 3 Events
Philosophy Visiting Speaker Seminar: Maria Rosa Antognazza-
Prof Maria Rosa Antognazza (King’s College, London) ‘The Distinction in Kind Between Knowledge and Belief’ Abstract Drawing inspiration from a well-attested historical tradition, I propose an account of cognition according to which knowledge is not only prior to belief; it is also, and crucially, not a kind of belief. Believing, in turn, is...
CEKAS Seminar: Tom Carson-
Prof Tom Carson (Loyola) ‘How Misplaced Trust and Distrust Create Misinformation and Enable Lying and Deception in Politics and Public Policy’ Abstract "A popular government without popular information, or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a Farce or a Tragedy; or perhaps both" (James Madison) “Everyone is entitled to his...
Philosophy Visiting Speaker Seminar: Samir Okasha-
Prof Samir Okasha (Bristol) ‘Scepticism, Evidential Holism and the Logic of Demonic Deception’ Abstract Sceptical arguments in epistemology typically employ sceptical hypotheses, which are rivals to our everyday beliefs so constructed that they fit exactly the evidence on which those beliefs are based. There are two ways of using a sceptical hypothesis to undermine...
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2021
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2021
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2021
- Apr There are no items to show for April 2021
- May There are no items to show for May 2021
- Jun There are no items to show for June 2021
- Jul There are no items to show for July 2021
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2021
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2021
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2021