An innovative series of food and debate evenings about healthy eating with minimum impact on the environment is to start at Buchanans Bistro, Woodend Barn, Banchory.
In conjunction with the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health, Buchanans Bistro at the Woodend Barn is launching a quarterly event series in which diners will eat and discuss how consumers can make the right choices to minimise their environmental impact while still enjoying good food.
The food – growing, producing, preparing and discarding it – has a big impact on the planet but making the right food choices is not always easy.
The food we eat is responsible for around 20% of the UK’s greenhouse gas emissions, including those resulting from land-use change or deforestation.
Based on research undertaken for the World Wildlife Fund UK these dinners and discussions offer an opportunity to challenge perceptions about food and establish a personal blueprint for eating well with minimum impact on the environment, under the One Planet Eating initiative.
The series starts on Thursday 1st September at 6.45pm and tickets are £20 including supper.
The inaugural speaker will be Duncan Williamson, Sustainable Consumption Programme manager from WWF UK.
Duncan said “I am delighted to have been invited to this event, to talk about how our food choices can benefit or impact upon the natural world."
Dr Janet Kyle, research fellow at the School of Medicine and Dentistry at the University of Aberdeen said “We are very excited about this series and linking up with Buchanans - we are hoping for informed and challenging debate around the food we eat.”
For more information email email@example.com, tickets can be booked on 01330826530.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2011
- Mar There are no items for March 2011
- Apr There are no items for April 2011
- Jun There are no items for June 2011
- Jul There are no items for July 2011
- Oct There are no items for October 2011
- Nov There are no items for November 2011
- Dec There are no items for December 2011
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- May There are no items for May 2010
- Jun There are no items for June 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Sep There are no items for September 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Nov There are no items for November 2010