Award winning Scottish research could pave the way for 'low-emission cattle'
A Scottish study that potentially paves the way for the breeding of low-emission livestock has won an internationally respected research prize.
Good Crop, Bad Crop
Members of the public will be able to learn more about how different crops can affect our health at the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute next week (Monday, September 18).
New study to investigate impact of vegetables on female health
Scientists from the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute are looking to recruit female volunteers to help them with research into whether eating vegetables can reduce the risk of women getting diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD).
Find out more about the Rowett at Science Bites
Members of the public will have the opportunity to find out more about the research being conducted at the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute at an event this week (Tuesday).
Aberdeen academic to chair BBSRC advisory panel
Professor Haggarty, Deputy Director of the Rowett Institute, has been appointed as Chair of the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council's (BBSRC) Bioscience for Health Strategy Advisory Panel.
Athletic men and men with diabetes sought for research study
Healthy, athletic men and men with type 2 diabetes are being sought by researchers trying to better understand the link between fat and blood sugar.
From mother to child, food likes and dislikes: pregnant women sought for Rowett 'flavour' study
Researchers at the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute are looking for women who are between 16 and 32 weeks pregnant to taste a range of healthy flavoursome foods as part of a study looking at how babies develop their sense of taste.
You are when you eat? Could a bigger breakfast be the key to losing weight
Scientists at the University of Aberdeen Rowett Institute and the University of Surrey, have received nearly £800,000 from the Medical Research Council to investigate whether the time of day we consume the most calories has an effect on weight loss.
Scientists discover a new way to treat type 2 diabetes - use our head
Medication currently being used to treat obesity is also proving to have significant health benefits for patients with type 2 diabetes. A new study published today in Molecular Metabolism explains how this therapeutic benefit for type 2 diabetes is achieved by acting in our brain.
European grant to examine effects of zinc and copper on ageing process
Scientists have received funding to investigate the role of zinc and copper on ageing.
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2011
- Mar There are no items for March 2011
- Apr There are no items for April 2011
- Jun There are no items for June 2011
- Jul There are no items for July 2011
- Oct There are no items for October 2011
- Nov There are no items for November 2011
- Dec There are no items for December 2011
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- May There are no items for May 2010
- Jun There are no items for June 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Sep There are no items for September 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Nov There are no items for November 2010