Congratulations to Matthew Dalby and Fiona McLean for being awarded joint first place in the Rowett Institute of Nutrition and Health's Cuthbertson Prize Lecture Competition 2015.
The Cuthbertson Prize Award is named after Dr (Sir) David Cuthbertson, Director of the Rowett Institute from 1945-1965. Sir David oversaw a substantial expansion of the Institute, and the beginning of the establishment of its global reputation for nutrition research.
To do so, he undoubtedly encouraged and helped many young researchers to get started with their careers and it is perhaps for this reason that the annual Cuthbertson award was introduced in his memory to recognise postgraduate students who have carried out research of a particularly high standard during their time at the Institute.
Matthew and Fiona will now go forward to represent the Rowett at the Scottish Institutes' Science for Life Lecture Competition, a prestigious opportunity for students to present their research. In 2014, the Science for Life Competition was hosted by the James Hutton Institute and the top three students delivered their winning lectures at the Royal Society of Edinburgh. Professor Ian Boyd, Defra Chief Scientific Adviser, was the key note speaker at the event.
Matthew Dalby - "Gut Microbiota immunomodulation of bodyweight in mice in response to a high-fat diet".
Fiona McLean - "A high-fat diet rapidly compromises episodic-like memory alongside markers of neuronal damage and cognitive function".
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2011
- Mar There are no items for March 2011
- Apr There are no items for April 2011
- Jun There are no items for June 2011
- Jul There are no items for July 2011
- Oct There are no items for October 2011
- Nov There are no items for November 2011
- Dec There are no items for December 2011
- Jan There are no items for January 2010
- Feb There are no items for February 2010
- Mar There are no items for March 2010
- Apr There are no items for April 2010
- May There are no items for May 2010
- Jun There are no items for June 2010
- Jul There are no items for July 2010
- Aug There are no items for August 2010
- Sep There are no items for September 2010
- Oct There are no items for October 2010
- Nov There are no items for November 2010