Short-Term Study Visa

Tier 4 visas are mainly used for students coming to the UK for more than 6 months. In many cases students only need to visit the UK for a short period, maybe to sit and exam or viva or to attend a short course. In these cases it is possible that the Short-Term Study Visa route is more appropriate than Tier 4. More information on this route is available in our Short-Term Study Visa guide.

Visit Visa

If someone wants to visit you while you study, and is not themselves going to be engaging in study in the UK, they may be able to apply for a standard Visit Visa. More information on applying for this type of visa is available in our Standard Visit Visa guide.