ID Cards

New Students

Please ensure that a passport picture with a plain background has been submitted before the start of term.

All other cards will be available for collection from the infohub. Unless you are:

  • Staying in University Halls of Residence, your card will be available for collection in halls.
  • Medics & Physicians cards will be available for collection from your school office on the 3rd floor of the Suttie Centre
  • Dental students can collect their cards from the Dental School Office.

Instructions for new students on the completion of registration is available on the New Students' Website.

Continuing Students

Your student ID card is a card for life. If you are properly registered your student ID card is valid for the duration of your degree and you will not receive a new one at the start of each academic year. If the registration process has not been followed, your card will de-activate 14 days after the start of term.

Lost ID Card

If you have lost your ID card first check at the Infohub to see if it has been handed in. If not, we can print one there and then for you, free of charge.

Faulty ID Card

If your ID card is faulty, please come to the infohub and we will get the issue resolved.

Online Store

Book and pay for events, courses, official letters, resit examinations, transcripts, field trips and more at the Online Store.


At the University of Aberdeen all students must apply to graduate, whether or not they wish to appear at a ceremony.

For those who do not wish to appear at a ceremony, and those who are awarded a Certificate or Diploma, you will graduate in absentia.

The summer ceremonies normally take place in June and the winter ceremonies take place towards the end of November in Elphinstone Hall, King's College campus at Old Aberdeen.

Further details of in absentia, summer and winter graduation ceremonies and application deadlines can be found at the Graduation website.