Lecturer in Physics. Dr de Moura holds a PhD in Physics from Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Brazil.
Dr Moura has a background in dynamical systems and statistical physics. His research interests in these areas include transient chaos, nonhyperbolic chaotic scattering, and chaotic advection of flows. Since moving to Aberdeen, he has been applying physics and mathematics to understand fundamental biological processes, in collaborations with biologists in Aberdeen and elsewhere. Biological problems he is actively working on include: mathematical modelling of DNA replication, dynamics and regulation of protein synthesis in uni-cellular organisms, modelling the responses of pathogenic fungi species to combinations of stresses, homeostasis of bacteria, macromolecular dynamics in cellular membranes.
Page 1 of 8 Results 1 to 10 of 75
- Lowes, DA, Galley, HF, Moura, APS & Webster, NR 2017, 'Brief isoflurane anaesthesia affects differential gene expression, gene ontology and gene networks in rat brain', Behavioural Brain Research, vol. 317, pp. 453-460. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.bbr.2016.09.045
- Fernandes, LD, Guseva, K & De Moura, APS 2017, 'Cooperative response and clustering: Consequences of membrane-mediated interactions among mechanosensitive channels', Physical Review E, vol. 96, no. 2, 022410. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1103/PhysRevE.96.022410
- Aref, H, Blake, JR, Budišić, M, Cardoso, SSS, Cartwright, JHE, Clercx, HJH, El Omari, K, Feudel, U, Golestanian, R, Gouillart, E, Van Heijst, GF, Krasnopolskaya, TS, Le Guer, Y, MacKay, RS, Meleshko, VV, Metcalfe, G, Mezić, I, De Moura, APS, Piro, O, Speetjens, MFM, Sturman, R, Thiffeault, JL & Tuval, I 2017, 'Frontiers of chaotic advection', Reviews of Modern Physics, vol. 89, no. 2, 025007. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1103/RevModPhys.89.025007
- Fernandes, LD, Moura, APSD & Ciandrini, L 2017, 'Gene length as a regulator for ribosome recruitment and protein synthesis: theoretical insights', Scientific Reports, vol. 7, 17409. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-017-17618-1
- Chandrasekaran, K, Kaloriti, D, Tillmann, AT, Yin, Z, Herrero De Dios, C, Jacobsen, MD, Belmonte, RC, Cameron, G, Haynes, K, Grebogi, C, de Moura, APS, Gow, NAR, Thiel, M, Quinn, J, Brown, AJP & Romano, MC 2015, 'Integrative Model of Oxidative Stress Adaptation in the Fungal Pathogen Candida albicans', PloS ONE, vol. 10, no. 9, 0137750. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0137750
- Delgado-SanMartin, JA, Hare, JI, de Moura, APS, Yates, JWT & Wang, E (ed.) 2015, 'Oxygen-Driven Tumour Growth Model: A Pathology-Relevant Mathematical Approach', PLoS Computational Biology , vol. 11, no. 10, e1004550. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pcbi.1004550
- Rodrigues, CS, Chechkin, AV, Moura, APSD, Grebogi, C & Klages, R 2014, 'Diffusion in randomly perturbed dissipative dynamics', Europhysics Letters, vol. 108, no. 4, 40002. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1209/0295-5075/108/40002
- Biemond, JJB, de Moura, APS, Grebogi, C, van de Wouw, N & Nijmeijer, H 2014, Dynamical Collapse of Trajectories: Part I: Homoclinic Tangles in Systems with Dry Friction. in Proceedings of the 8th European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference (ENOC 2014). Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, 8th European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Vienna, Austria, 6/07/14.
- Biemond, JJB, Moura, APS, Grebogi, C, van de Wouw, N & Nijmeijer, H 2014, Dynamical Collapse of Trajectories: Part II: Limit Set of a Horseshoe-like Map. in Proceedings of the 8th European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference (ENOC 2014). Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, 8th European Nonlinear Dynamics Conference, Vienna, Austria, 6/07/14.
- De Moura, APS 2014, 'Strange eigenmodes and chaotic advection in open fluid flows', Europhysics Letters, vol. 106, no. 3, 34002, pp. 1-6. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1209/0295-5075/106/34002