Roger Staff was born in London and studied physics at UEA. He moved to Aberdeen in 1988 and completed his PhD in medical physics in 1994. He has worked for the NHS since 1991 and currently leads the clinical physics imaging team at NHS-Grampian. His other interests include Intelligence and social mobility.
(Since 1999) founding member of the Aberdeen 1921 & 1936 birth cohort study group with three critical responsibilities for (1) hypothesis generation and hypothesis testing; (2) brain imaging and image analysis; (3) Advance data modelling of complex databases; (Since 2003 with Taurx) the imaging the effects tau aggregation inhibition and the use of surrogate imaging measures in drug development; (Since 2008) the development of structural and temporal (fMRI) complexity measures for use in ageing and neurodegenerative disease; (Since 2012) The prognostic value of automated analysis of sequential retinal images in diabetic retinopathy. The use of external quality assurance programs in diabetic retinopathy.
Page 6 of 8 Results 51 to 60 of 78
- Roijals Miras, J, Staff, R, Waiter, GD, Murray, AD, Fox, HC, Starr, J, Deary, IJ & Whalley, L 2009, 'Approximate entropy fMRI differences associated with cognitive decline', Neuroimage, vol. 47, no. Supplement 1, pp. S102. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/S1053-8119(09)70883-3
- Staff, RT, Ahearn, TS, Wilson, K, Counsell, CE, Taylor, K, Caslake, R, Davidson, JE, Gemmell, HG & Murray, AD 2009, 'Shape analysis of 123I-N-ω-fluoropropyl-2-β-carbomethoxy-3β-(4-iodophenyl) nortropane single-photon emission computed tomography images in the assessment of patients with parkinsonian syndromes', Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 30, no. 3, pp. 194-201. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/MNM.0b013e328314b863
- McDermott, GM, Welch, A, Staff, RT, Gilbert, FJ, Schweiger, LF, Semple, SIK, Smith, TAD, Hutcheon, AW, Miller, ID, Smith, IC & Heys, SD 2007, 'Monitoring primary breast cancer throughout chemotherapy using FDG-PET', Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 102, no. 1, pp. 75-84. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/S10549-006-9316-7
- Staff, RT, Benjamin, KD, Murray, AD, Gemmell, HG & Wischik, CM 2006, 'A55 A rCBF study of hallucinations in dementia.', Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 27, no. 3. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1097/00006231-200603000-00066
- Semple, SIK, Staff, RT, Heys, SD, Redpath, TW, Welch, A, Ahearn, TS, Hutcheon, AW & Gilbert, FJ 2006, 'Baseline MRI delivery characteristics predict change in invasive ductal breast carcinoma PET metabolism as a result of primary chemotherapy administration', Annals of Oncology, vol. 17, pp. 1393-1398. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdl136
- Staff, RT, Murray, AD, Deary, IJ & Whalley, LJ 2006, 'Generality and specificity in cognitive aging: a volumetric brain analysis', Neuroimage, vol. 30, no. 4, pp. 1433-1440. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2005.11.004
- Staff, RT, Semple, SIK, Ahearn, TS & Redpath, TW 2006, 'Predicting response using MRI enhancement characteristics when response is determined by using change in enhancement pattern', Breast Cancer Research and Treatment, vol. 97, pp. 111-111. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1007/s10549-005-9096-5
- Murray, AD, Staff, RT, Shenkin, SD, Deary, IJ, Starr, JM & Whalley, LJ 2005, 'Brain white matter hyperintensities: Relative importance of different vascular risk factors in non-demented elderly people', Radiology, vol. 237, pp. 251-257. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1148/radiol.2371041496
- Staff, RT, Murray, AD, Ahearn, TS, Counsell, CE, Taylor, KSM, Wilson, K & Gemmell, HG 2005, 'FPCIT.net: a web based archive for use with 123I ioflupane', Nuclear Medicine Communications, vol. 26.
- Ahearn, TS, Staff, RT, Redpath, TW & Semple, SIK 2005, 'The use of the Levenberg-Marquardt curve-fitting algorithm in pharmacokinetic modelling of DCE-MRI data', Physics in Medicine and Biology, vol. 50, no. 9, pp. N85-N92. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1088/0031-9155/50/9/N02