Roger Staff was born in London and studied physics at UEA. He moved to Aberdeen in 1988 and completed his PhD in medical physics in 1994. He has worked for the NHS since 1991 and currently leads the clinical physics imaging team at NHS-Grampian. His other interests include Intelligence and social mobility.
(Since 1999) founding member of the Aberdeen 1921 & 1936 birth cohort study group with three critical responsibilities for (1) hypothesis generation and hypothesis testing; (2) brain imaging and image analysis; (3) Advance data modelling of complex databases; (Since 2003 with Taurx) the imaging the effects tau aggregation inhibition and the use of surrogate imaging measures in drug development; (Since 2008) the development of structural and temporal (fMRI) complexity measures for use in ageing and neurodegenerative disease; (Since 2012) The prognostic value of automated analysis of sequential retinal images in diabetic retinopathy. The use of external quality assurance programs in diabetic retinopathy.
Page 2 of 8 Results 11 to 20 of 78
- Staff, RT, Hogan, MJ & Whalley, LJ 2018, 'The influence of childhood intelligence, social class, education and social mobility on memory and memory decline in late life', Age and Ageing, vol. 47, no. 6, pp. 847-852. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1093/ageing/afy111
- Job, DE, Dickie, DA, Rodriguez, D, Robson, A, Pernet, C, Bastin, ME, Boardman, JP, Murray, AD, Ahearn, T, Waiter, GD, Staff, RT, Deary, IJ, Shenkin, SD & Wardlaw, JM 2017, 'A brain imaging repository of normal structural MRI across the life course: Brain Images of Normal Subjects (BRAINS)', Neuroimage, vol. 144, no. Part B, pp. 299–304. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neuroimage.2016.01.027
- Staff, RT, Hogan, MJ & Whalley, LJ 2017, 'Childhood intelligence and personality traits neuroticism and openness contributes to social mobility: A study in the Aberdeen 1936 Birth Cohort', Personality and Individual Differences, vol. 114, pp. 206-212. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2017.02.068
- Vuksanovic, V, Staff, R, Ahearn, TS, Morson, SM, Bentham, P, Murray, AD & Wischik, CM 2017, 'Distinct anatomical subtypes of behavioural variant frontotemporal dementia and involvement of intrinsic brain networks: a clustering study', Alzheimer Research UK (2017), 14/03/17.
- de Vries, CF, Staff, RT, Harris, SE, Chapko, D, Williams, DS, Reichert, P, Ahearn, T, McNeil, CJ, Whalley, LJ & Murray, AD 2017, 'Klotho, APOEε4, cognitive ability, brain size, atrophy and survival: A study in the Aberdeen Birth Cohort of 1936', Neurobiology of Aging, vol. 55, pp. 91-98. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.neurobiolaging.2017.02.019
- Vuksanovic, V, Staff, R, Ahearn, T, Bentham, P, Murray, AD & Wischik, CM 2017, 'Organisation of cortical thickness networks in Alzheimer’s disease and behavioural variant frontotemporal dementia across brain lobes', 6th Cambridge Neuroscience Symposium, Cambridge, United Kingdom, 7/09/17 - 8/09/17.
- Wilcock, GK, Gauthier, S, Frisoni, GB, Jia, J, Hardlund, JH, Moebius, HJ, Bentham, P, Kook, KA, Schelter, BO, Wischik, DJ, Davis, CS, Staff, RT, Vuksanovic, V, Ahearn, T, Bracoud, L, Shamsi, K, Marek, K, Seibyl, J, Riedel, G, Storey, JMD, Harrington, CR & Wischik, CM 2017, 'Potential of Low Dose Leuco-Methylthioninium Bis(Hydromethanesulphonate) (LMTM) Monotherapy for Treatment of Mild Alzheimer’s Disease: Cohort Analysis as Modified Primary Outcome in a Phase III Clinical Trial', Journal of Alzheimer's Disease, vol. 61, no. 1, pp. 435-457. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.3233/JAD-170560
- Sandu-Giuraniuc, A-L, Staff, R, McNeil, CJ, Stringer, MS, Ahearn, T, Whalley, L & Murray, AD 2017, 'Sexual dimorphism in changes of cortical complexity associated with cognitive decline in late life', Alzheimer's Research UK, Aberdeen, United Kingdom, 14/03/17 - 15/03/17.
- Murray, A, McNeil, C, Salarirad, S, Deary, I, Phillips, L, Whalley, L & Staff, R 2016, 'Brain hyperintensity location determines outcome in the triad of impaired cognition, physical health and depressive symptoms: A cohort study in late life', Archives of Gerontology and Geriatrics, vol. 63, pp. 49-54. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.archger.2015.10.004
- Whalley, LJ, Staff, RT, Fox, HC & Murray, AD 2016, 'Cerebral correlates of cognitive reserve', Psychiatry Research, vol. 247, pp. 65-70. [Online] DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.pscychresns.2015.10.012