All researchers wishing to use PCCIU data should first contact PCCIU to discuss their proposal and then afterwards complete a protocol and submit it. For more information, visit the Accessing the data page.
PCCIUR Steering Group
The PCCIUR Steering Group was re-established in 2009 to ensure that procedures and protocols are put in place for good working practice and appropriate usage/dissemination of PCCIUR data.
Remit and Composition of the Steering Group
- Providing general direction/support for the academic use of PCCIU-held datasets.
- Assisting in prioritisation of research activities related to databases.
- Assisting with development of formal structures for accessing datasets by researchers.
- Ensuring governance procedures are in place to meet current legislation.
- Providing a forum for stakeholders to feedback information to/from their respective groups for optimum use of PCCIU-held data.
Steering Group Members
- Prof Phil Hannaford (Chair), Vice-Principal for Research and Knowledge Exchange, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Alison Hinds, Scottish School of Primary Care, Research Manager, University of Dundee
- Ms Katie Wilde, Research Applications Manager, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Chris Burton, PCCIUR research Co-ordinator, University of Aberdeen
- Prof Peter Helms, Consultant Paediatrician, Royal Aberdeen Children’s Hospital
- Dr Colin Fischbacher, Consultant in Public Health Medicine, NHS Information and Statistics Division
- Prof Sir Lewis Ritchie, James Mackenzie Professor of General Practice, University of Aberdeen
- Dr Dorothy Moir, Consultant Public Health Medicine, University of Aberdeen/ NHS Grampian