Personal Chair (Clinical)
- Early origins of childhood asthma.
- The role of gene-environment interactions in asthma heterogeneity 3. Using non-invasive markers to monitor recurrent wheezing conditions in childhood.
- Further Info
In addition to my research commitments I have three main responsibilities:
1. General paediatrics: I participate in the 1-in-10 consultant on call rota, have general paediatric clinics and take part in the consultant of the week rota.
2. Respiratory paediatrics: I have a weekly respiratory clinic and work as part of a team providing secondary and tertiary respiratory paediatric service (including bronchoscopy) across the North and East of Scotland. I am involved in the British Thoracic Society/Scottish Intercollegiate Guidelines Network asthma guidelines.
3. Teaching and training: I administer the fourth year medical student Child Health block and also teach regularly. I have been the College Principle Regional Examiner since 2004 and also host the clinical exam each February.?
- MBBS Newcastle-upon-Tyne 1992
- MRCP ( UK ) 1995
- Postgraduate Certificate of Medical Education ( Newcastle-upon-Tyne ) 1997
- CCST in general paediatrics (subspecialty interest in respiratory paediatrics) 2002
- MD ( Newcastle-upon-Tyne ) 2003
- FRCPCH 2003
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- British Paediatric Respiratory Society
- British Thoracic Society
- European Respiratory Society
- Scottish Paediatric Society
- 1992-1995 Junior and Senior House Officer appointments, North East England
- 1995-1996 Paediatric Registrar, Hastings , New Zealand
- 1997-1999 Specialist Registrar appointments, North East England
- 1999-2001 Respiratory Fellow, Perth , Australia
- 2002-2003 Specialist Registrar appointments, North East England