The Sand Injectites - Phase 3 Research Project started in July 2013, with the following objectives:
- Characterization of mudstone host strata - clay mineralogy and silica composition & content, and measurement of the S wave (Vs) and P (Vp) wave velocities.
- Creation of Forward Seismic Models of sandstone intrustion complexes, using the SeisRox software
- Developing and testing observational methods for differntiating sandstone intrusions from depositional facies, and applying this to borehole interpretation.
- Investigating the heavy mineral provenance relationships between Eocene Parent Units and their associated sandstone intrusions.
- Testing Petromod as a moddeling tool for pressure systems in sand injection.
- Initiation of geochemical modelling of intrusion of intrusions genesis and of present day formation stability
2015 - A Look Back
Here is a summary of the work competled most recently in 2015,
- Completion of the regional mapping of the Panoche Giant Injection Complex (PGIC) Danian System
- Completion of the local mapping and logging of the Tumey Giant Injection Complex (TGIC) of Eocene Age
- Regional Seismic Interpretation of the sand injectites in the Tertiary of the North Sea
- Acquisition of LIDAR data from several large sandstone intrusions
- Photogrammetric data acquisition of dyke systems, fracture patterns, and low N/G sections