- 2017 - Senior Lecturer in Geophysics and Subsurface Geology-University of Aberdeen
- 2011-2017 Lecturer in Geophysics-University of Aberdeen
- 2010 -2011. Fixed term Lecturer- University of Aberdeen
- 2008-2010 Research assistant (Deep water structures) - University of Aberdeen
- 2007-2008 Research assistant (Industry funded) - Applied Geophysics group - University of Pisa
- 2005-2007 Research assistant (Himalayan Project and CARG Project) - University of Pisa .
2006- Visiting researcher U Autonoma Barcelona (Microstructure Analogue Modelling)
- 2002-2005 PhD Student (tectonophysics/shear zone modeling) -University of Pisa
- 2002-2004 Visiting PhD student - Tectonophysic group- Mainz university.
- 2001 Laurea in Earth Science - University of Pisa
- Interpretation of seismic datasets, seismic image processing, structural and metamorphic geology
- Seismic imaging of thrusts, faults, fractures and deformed rocks
- Seismic intepretation of deep water structures and pre-salt reservoir (Campos/Mucuri)
- Seal bypass seismic charecterization using time lapses data
- Fabric and deformation analysis of ductile shear zones and basement tectonic
Numerous collaborations, recently: N.McArdle (Statoil), G.Paton (ffA), J.Kuchle & R.Alvarenga& K.Goldberg (UFRGS), P.Vannucchi (RHU), L.Jovine (U.Sao Paolo), Musumeci & Mazzarini (U.Pisa) J.Imber (Durham), I.Lecomte (University of Bergen), A. Bistacchi (Milano Bicocca)
- PI-Structural evolution of the East Shetland Basin, North Sea.-PI D.Iacopini; co-I A.Hurst. RGD1302 Taqa Bratani 1/10/11 → 30/09/12 22k
- PI-Deep water rift, Brasil project. P.I :Iacopini, D. RGG074, UFRGS/BG. 2012-2013. 26k
- co-I Integrating 4D Seismic Monitoring and CSEM Survey at The Sleipner Underground CO2 Storage Site. 2013-2016. Niger Delta Development Corporation, PhD studentship (£59K).(co-I Bond, R.Stephenson co-I)
- co-I Interpretation of Aeromagnetic Anomalies of Niger Delta Sedimentary Basin 2011-2014. PhD studentship (£59K) (R.Stephenson co-PI)
- PI Using attribute analysis to enhance deformation signals in 4D seismic reflection data. 2014-2018- £53k Gazprom/intertek/Norgemltd Funded. PhD studentship.(co-I C.Bond, R.Butler)
- PI The seismic response of hydraulically-fractured, poorly-consolidated mudstone and sandstone- LPDA Funded Project.2017-2021 (co-I, Hurst, Healy and Lecomte (Bergen). 138k.
- co-I . Estudo geologico integrado da Formacao Mucuri, da Bacia do Espirito Santo- UFRGS/Shell. 2018-2019.
- British Council - EU eramsus Teaching exchange: Pisa University, Milano Bicocca 2013-2016. 2.5 k
- University of Aberdeen Principal Excellence Fund (£ 1.2k)-2014
- University of Aberdeen H2020 support fund - 2.5 k- 2015
Integrated Petroleum Geology Msci
GL5011: Geophysics and Petrophysics (Msci IPG)
GL5527: Seismic reflection processing and quantitative interpretation (Msci Geophysics)
GL4529: Surface and Subsurface Digital Imaging (Bsc Petroleum Geology)
- Further Info
External Examiner (PhD): Cardiff, Cagliari, Chieti, Stavanger.
Visiting Lecturer (Docente esterno) 2011- 2017 - University of Pisa . Course module: elementi di esplorazione petrolifera. Funded by Erasmus staff exchange.
Program Director of the Integrated Petroleum Geoscience Msc
Erasmus and International exchange Department coordinator
Current PhD Students :
- Roy Bonfa Pitrus Reconstruction and Analysis of the CO2 Plume Architecture and Reservoir Geometry of the Utsira Formation, Using 4D Survey Data from the Sleipner Field. 2013-2017.(with Bond C, and R.Stephenson) Niger Delta Development Corporation, PhD studentship.
- Ali Jihad - Evolution of Seal bypass structures in the Loyal field using 4D seismic survey . (with Clare Bond) 2014-2017- Gazprom/intertek/Norgemltd Funded
-Cui Zihua -Seismic modelling of fluid pipe rock structures 2016-2019. (with I.Lecomte (Bergen) and J.Howell)- CSC (China Scholarship Council).
- Taiwo Olusoji - 2017-2020 Fold and thrust belts control of channel dynamics and submarine landslides-2017-2020 . with V.Maselli (Aberdeen). PTDF Funded project
- co supervisor. - Daniele Maestrelli. 2014-2017 - Funded by Doctorate school, Universita di Pisa. (Sani, Bonini, Univ Florence).
-Pertiwi, Raisya Noor -2017-2021-The seismic response of hydraulically-fractured, poorly-consolidated mudstone and sandstone- LPDA Funded Project. (co-I, Hurst, Healy and Lecomte (Bergen))
Completed PhD students
Leonard Onuba- mapping of the basement lineament of the Cenozoic Niger Delta Basin using high-resolution aeromagnetic data
Mentored Msci and PhD students visiting the SeisLab since 2013
- Renata Alvarenga (UFRGS, PhD BG funded) August-October 2013
- Fabrizio Cocco (PhD, Cagliari Univ) . Feb-May 2013
- Paolo Paradisi (Msci, Pisa univ). Feb-June 2013 (Erasmus Placement)
- Paolo Pace (PhD, Uni Chieti) Feb-May 2014
- Nawal De Freslon (Msci, Uni Strasbourg)- 2014.((Erasmus Placement)
- Daniele Maestrelli (PhD, Uni Pisa-Florence) April-July 2015(Erasmus Placement)
- A.Lapadat (PhD, Uni Durham) February 2015.
- Daniele Pavani (PhD, USP, Sao Paolo) September 2015
- S. DiStefano (PhD, Catania Univ) September-October 2015
- R. Garone (Msci- Pisa University) - 2017
Certificate of excellence in reviewing - Journal of Structural Geology Elsevier 2014.