Online abstract submissions now OPEN
*DEADLINE 28 February 2019*
You are invited to submit abstracts for short papers; the deadline is 28 February 2019. If you intend to submit an abstract for an IOSOT short paper, please choose one of the topics 1-18 on the list which you see here on the page and which you will find on the drop-down menu during the electronic submissions process. If, however, you intend to submit an abstract relating to the meetings of one of the sister organisations of IOSOT (i.e., IOSCS, IOQS, IOMS, and ISLP), please choose option 19 from the drop-down menu. Under 'Conference Session', then please check the appropriate box (IOSOT, IOSCS, IOQS, IOMS, or ISLP). Information on submissions to these sessions can be found here.
We allow 20 -25 minutes for the short papers and 5-10 mnutes for Q & A.
IOSOT topics 1 -18 to which papers can be submitted are:
- Historical Books, excl. Deuteronomistic History
- Deuteronomistic History
- Wisdom Literature
- Apocalyptic literature
- Apocrypha, Pseudepigrapha and Deuterocanonical Literature
- Disability Studies and the Hebrew Bible
- OT/HB Ethics
- OT/HB Reception History
- Methodology of OT/HB Study
- The Religions of Ancient Israel and Judah
- The Social and Economic History of Ancient Israel and Judah
- The Historical Geography of Israel and Judah
- Hebrew and other Northwest-Semitic Languages
- Hebrew Poetry
- Translation of the Hebrew Bible, Ancient and Modern
- Sister Organisation papers (i.e. IOSCS; IOQS; IOMS and ISLP papers).
We use Oxford Abstracts Submission system, to submit your paper you are required to register on their site. You will receive an email confirming your registration after which you will be able to submit your paper. You are able to amend your submitted paper, should you require, prior to the deadline.
Submission open: late Spetember 2018
Deadline for submissions: 28 February 2019
Submission Guide: all the required information can be found once you have registered to Oxford Abstracts. Some of the information is mandatory and other questions require you to select a category as suggested below:
maximum of 250 words
subject category must be selected
all authors to be named in order, including the submitter
confirmation is required of authors approval
selection of organisation submission