Practical Work and Laboratory Techniques applicable to
Higher and Advanced Higher Physics
The Physics Department of the University of Aberdeen will host two professional development days for Teachers of Physics. The course will be practically based and will provide an opportunity to try experiments suitable for AH investigations, AH course work and Higher Physics.
The course has been running for a number of years and has received excellent feedback from Physics teachers throughout Scotland. Hear what past attendees have to say about the course on our event flyer.
- To provide ideas for AH investigations using a limited budget
- To introduce some alternative pupil experiments and teacher demonstrations
- To extend teachers’ practical knowledge and expertise
- To network with other teachers and course providers
- 0900 – 0915 Registration
- 0915 – 1030 Laboratory practical work
- 1030 – 1100 Coffee, discussion and display of kits
- 1100 – 1250 Continued laboratory practical work
- 1250 – 1345 Lunch and discussion (Networking)
- 1345 – 1520 Continued laboratory practical work
- 1530 Depart
Both days will have the same format, allowing more time with the experiments:
- 1 Day:The course will cost £125.00 per person, this includes lunch and refreshments.
- 2 Days:The course will cost £200.00 per person, this includes lunch and refreshments.
For further information and to register, please download the full programme and registration form
- Fraser Noble Building
For booking enquiries and further information relating to this programme of events, please contact:
CPD Services, Research and Innovation,
University of Aberdeen, Room 28, University Office,
King’s College, Aberdeen.
Tel: 01224 272523. Fax: 01224 272319.