Join us for premier of the latest research film by Professor Alan Marcus.
'I lift my lamp beside the golden door' - Emma Lazarus
The New Colossus (2017, 30mins) is the latest research film by Professor Alan Marcus, which focuses on links between events around 9/11 and the current controversy over the US/Mexican border/wall. Themes of national trauma, patriotism, anti-immigration and idealism infuse the film and will be the subject of a post-screening discussion with:
- Professor Alan Marcus, Film and Visual Culture
- Dr. Andrea Oelsner, Politics and International Relations
- Professor Patience Schell, Hispanic Studies
- Dr. Trevor Stack, Hispanic Studies
- Professor Thomas Weber, History and International Affairs (Event Chair)
Read the recent press release HERE.
This event is FREE, no booking required.