If any student or member of staff has a matter they wish the committee to discuss they should contact their immediate supervisor, the Local Safety Coordinator or one of the members of the Health & Safety Committee.
Terms of Reference
The School of Engineering’s Health and Safety Committee advises the School Executive and the wider School community.
As part of its remit the Committee:
- Keeps under review, and advises the School on, health and safety arrangements of the School.
- Provides a forum for discussion of health and safety matters of relevance to the School.
- The membership of the Committee is representative of the School’s activities and includes academic, technical, administrative, student and University representatives.
- Head of School
- Chair of the Committee
- Technical Resources Officer
- Local Safety Coordinator (Fraser Noble)
- Local Safety Coordinator (National Decommissioning Centre)
- Lead Laser Protection Supervisor
- School Disabilities Coordinator
- Research fellow representative
- Technical staff representatives
- Technical Resources Manager
- PGR student representatives
- Representative from the University Health, Safety & Resilience Team
Current Membership (Updated 09 Sep 2022)
|Head of School||Prof. Ekaterina Pavlovskaia||2786|
|Chair, School H&S Committee||Dr Yukie Tanino||4514|
|TRO & FN Local Safety Coordinator||Mr Grant Cordiner||2788|
|NDC Local Safety Coordinator||Mr John Polanksi||4415|
|Lead Laser Protection Supervisor||Dr Thanga Thevar||3776|
|School Disability Coordinator||Dr Waheed Afzal||2526|
|Research fellow representative||TBC|
|Technical staff representatives||
|TRM, University H&S Committee representative||Mr Eddie Stephen||2500|
|PGR student representatives|
|Representative from the University Health, Safety & Wellbeing Team||2514|
|Clerk||Mrs Anne Wells||2101|