CGD Month in Review for July 2023
July had been a quieter month here at the CGD, with colleagues enjoying a well-deserved summer break! We will not have a month in review for August, so we wish everyone a fantastic summer break (or winter, depending on where in the world you are reading from!) and look forward to sharing news and updates in September.
What's been happening in the CGD this month:
- We're delighted to welcome Ismael Byaruhanga from the Institute of Policy Analysis and Research Rwanda (IPAR) as an associate member!
- The NIHR CAMW Project is thrilled to welcome Dr Charlaine Simpson and Dr Stephanie Thomson as researchers, and Eilidh Cowan as a Research Assistant.
- Prof Pamela Abbott spoke at the Development Studies Association Scotland's one-day conference in Glasgow on Monday 3rd July. Read more about the conference here.
- The NIHR CAMW Project released new open access training on Child Protection, here.
Looking ahead to summer 2023:
- The CGD is launching it's brand new seminar series - the first series will have an introductory presentation on development, followed by world-leading experts on mindfulness. More details to follow soon!
- The NIHR CAMW Project has exciting plans for September, with a project team workshop in Kigali in September 2023, and project events for policy actors in Kigali and Addis Ababa.