Successful EU Bid
Sheila Nutkins, Catriona McDonald, and Kirsten Darling-McQuistan have been successful in an EU Erasmus + bid (Strategic Partnerships in Higher Education) with a total of 193,000 Euros. The partner universities are Uppsala, Sweden, Vienna, Austria and Prague, Czech Republic. The aim of the project is to increase knowledge about local,...
Applications Open for Elphinstone PhD Scholarships
New Chapter on Elite Scotland
Dr. Joan Forbes, Reader in Education at the University of Aberdeen, and Professor Gaby Weiner, Visiting Professor, University of Sussex, Centre for Higher Education Research, have a chapter on elite schooling in Scotland in a new book: Elite Education. International Perspectives. The book is edited by Dr. Claire Maxwell...
New article on pupil attainment and child poverty
A comment article on the Scottish Government social and educational priorities relating to pupil attainment and addressing issues of child poverty and disadvantage is now published on the Social Theory Applied site.
Status of Fellow of The Higher Education Academy achieved by Dr Rachel Shanks
Congratulations to Dr Rachel Shanks, Lecturer in Education who achieved the status of Fellow of The Higher Education Academy (HEA) on 1st July 2015. This is in recognition of attainment against the UK Professional Standards Framework for teaching and learning support in higher education.
Community Learning and Development partnership inspiring participants with summer school
The Community Learning and Development (CLD) partnership (consisting of School of Education staff and Local Authority and voluntary sector colleagues) offered a three day summer school
New SUII Policy Briefings on 'Poverty, Participation, and Children's Rights'
The final two Policy Briefings from a Scottish Universities Insight Institute funded Equality 2015 Knowledge Exchange Programme: Children and Young People's Experiences and Views of Poverty and Inequality are now published.
New policy briefs on 'poverty and children's education and health' published
Dr. Joan Forbes, Reader in Education at the University of Aberdeen, and Dr. Daniela Sime, Senior Lecturer in the School of Social Work and Social Policy at the University of Strathclyde, are leading a Scottish Universities Insight Institute (SUII) supported Knowledge Exchange Programme: Equality 2015 on Children and Young People's...
Visitors to the School of Education
Blair Stevenson and his colleagues Tiina Laajala and Pirjo-Liisa Lehtelä from the University of Oulu, Applied Science, Finland have this week visited the School of Education along with Christian Kogler from the University of Education, Upper Austria.
MA(Hons) in Education Year 2 Creativity Conference, April 2015
Creativity in our Community: MA(Hons) in Education Year 2 students invited P4 and P5 pupils and their teachers from various schools in Aberdeen City to participate in an exciting, challenging and fun conference, held in the MacRobert Building and its environs. The students, with support from tutors, led groups...
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items for January 2017
- Feb There are no items for February 2017
- Mar There are no items for March 2017
- Apr There are no items for April 2017
- May There are no items for May 2017
- Jun There are no items for June 2017
- Jul There are no items for July 2017
- Aug There are no items for August 2017
- Oct There are no items for October 2017
- Nov There are no items for November 2017
- Dec There are no items for December 2017
- Jan There are no items for January 2016
- Feb There are no items for February 2016
- Mar There are no items for March 2016
- Apr There are no items for April 2016
- May There are no items for May 2016
- Jun There are no items for June 2016
- Jul There are no items for July 2016
- Aug There are no items for August 2016
- Sep There are no items for September 2016
- Oct There are no items for October 2016
- Nov There are no items for November 2016