In Education we offer a dynamic and inclusive research culture which welcomes students to collaborate with our staff and professional partners, to investigate the complexities of education and its underpinning values and beliefs.
Our research, which receives international acclaim, focuses on three broad, interrelated themes:
- Sustainability and Development Studies
- Professional Learning and Teacher Education
- Inclusion, Mental Health and Well-being
These themes share a strong emphasis on professional practice and enquiry. This builds on our international reputation for developing collaborative partnerships to connect research, policy and practice.
Our interdisciplinary teams in Education work with other disciplines across and beyond the University, contributing to Interdisciplinary Research.
Working across themes provides unique opportunities to use our networks to encourage collaborative partnerships to grow across boundaries, strengthen our undergraduate and postgraduate programmes and to enable researchers, whoever and wherever they are, to connect.
- Education has its own peer-reviewed academic publication - Education in the North.
- Education run their own series of research seminars.
- See News and Events for further information.
Please find here the link to the Research Governance Handbook