Research by the team has been covered in the following media outlets
- ‘Link between Ill Health and Performance Pay’ by Jessica Murphy, Aberdeen Press and Journal.
- ‘Performance pay 'a risk to health'’ by Brian Donnelly, The Herald.
- ‘Performance Pay is Bad for Your Health’ in TUC Risks E-Bulletin.
- ‘Not such a good ‘gig’? Major new study examines link between performance related pay and stress’, Aberdeen and Grampian Chamber of Commerce.
- ‘Major new study examines link between performance related pay and stress’ Available to view at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GrIHZfkobVs&feature=emb_logo
- ‘And he laid down his hammer and he died’: Health and performance pay Available to read at OUP https://blog.oup.com/2013/10/health-and-performance-pay/
- ‘Performance Related Pay: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly’ Business Bulletin, Aberdeen and Grampian Chamber of Commerce, April 2019, p. 20 Available to read at: https://issuu.com/aberdeenchamber/docs/april_2019_digita
The project has disseminated its findings at a number of events, conferences and symposia to academics, the general public and policy makers.
“Performance-related Pay and Objective Measures of Health After Correcting for Sample Selection”
- Seminar at hybrid CELMR internal workshop, School of Business, University of Aberdeen, 22 September 2021, Aberdeen, UK.
- Oral presentation at virtual seminar at SDNU (Shandong Normal University) 28 October 2021.
“The Detrimental Health Effects of Performance Pay”
- Oral presentation at Institute of Social Research, 26 January 2021, Panteion University, Greece.
“Performance-related pay and stress: Do differing stakes matter?”
- Oral presentation at COPE, March 2022, Aarhus University, Herning, Denmark.
- "Employment contracts and stress: An experimental study”
- Oral presentation at virtual EALE/SOLE/AASLE Joint Conference 25th June 2020, Berlin, Germany.
- (Also scheduled to be presented at the following conferences that were cancelled due to Covid-19: Scottish Economic Society Conference (April 2020); European Health Economics Association (EuHEA) Conference (July 2020) abstract available here; International Congress of Behavioral Medicine (ICBM) Conference (August 2020))
- Virtual seminar as part of the University of Aberdeen Business School internal seminar series 11th November 2020.
- Oral presentation as part of the St Lawrence University (New York) Economics Department seminar series 22nd January 2021.
- Oral presentation as part of the Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC) at Curtin University (Perth, Australia) internal seminar series 14th April 2021.
- Oral presentation at virtual SES Conference, 26th April 2021, Glasgow, Scotland.
- Oral presentation as part of the Global Labour Organisation (GLO) seminar series 6th May 2021. Information about the talk and video of the talk available.
- Oral presentation at virtual ICBM Conference, 8th June 2021, Glasgow, Scotland.
- “Work, Pay and Stress” Virtual workshops with Lathallan School, 1 and 8 November 2021, Johnshaven, UK.
- “Job Contracts, Health and COVID: Are Flexible Jobs like Zero-Hours Contracts and ‘Gig’ Jobs the Future?” Seminar for Business and Economics Society, University of Aberdeen 1 Feb 2022, Aberdeen, UK.
- “The gig economy and mental health” Seminar for Aberdeen Political Economy Group, AU Psychology Society and Economics and Business Society 18th February, 2020, Aberdeen, UK.
- "Explorathon lunch bytes – Performance related pay: The good, the bad, the stressful” Podcast recording for Exploration ’20 24th November 2020, available at https://www.explorathon.co.uk/events/explorathon-lunch-bytes-performance-related-paythe-good-the-bad-the-stressful/.
- Mention by the University of Aberdeen Business School Facebook page during International Stress Awareness Week 2020 (https://m.facebook.com/UoABusSchool/posts/2276453215834748).
Economics and Psychology with the Performance Related Pay and Health Team, Activity Sheet for Futurum Careers