Exercise and Health Science examines the role of sport and exercise as a means of improving quality of life.
We are ranked 1st in the UK for Anatomy and Physiology, The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.
We offer a range of Exercise and Health Science degrees which you can read more about below.View available degree programmes
The University of Aberdeen International Study Centre offers preparation programmes for progression to undergraduate degree study at the university.Discover the International Study Centre
Exercise and Health Science explores the role of sport, exercise and nutrition in the prevention and treatment of disease and overall enhancement of wellbeing throughout the life cycle. It seeks to further our scientific knowledge and understanding about physical activity, the principles and practice of performance, and application of nutrition, Psychology and physical activity to benefit health.
After developing fundamental knowledge of medical and sports science and an understanding of the link between exercise and health, students will be given the chance to pursue specific issues covering different aspects of health, physical activity, psychology and nutrition.
5 year MSci degree
You have the opportunity to undertake a year's placement in an industrial, commercial or research environment and graduate after five years with an MSci (an undergraduate Masters degree) instead of a BSc.
Available Programmes of Study
Single Honours Degrees
Why Study Exercise and Health Science at Aberdeen?
- This is an interdisciplinary degree delivered by specialists in exercise sciences, nutrition and fundamental biomedical sciences.
- The expansion of sectors emphasising the long term benefits of exercise and nutrition for health means there are extensive employment opportunities for graduates of this programme.
- Many scientific disciplines contribute to exercise and health sciences, including physiology, biochemistry, nutrition, anatomy and biomechanics.
- You will develop a practical knowledge of research skills and methods related to the basic sciences underpinning the use of exercise in health and fitness.
- We are ranked 1st in the UK for Anatomy and Physiology, The Times & Sunday Times Good University Guide 2023.
Get in Touch
Student Recruitment & Admissions
University of Aberdeen