Auditions for the Organ Scholarship will take place in King’s College Chapel on Tuesday 28 September 2021. King's College Chapel have two scholarships on offer:
- David and June Gordon Memorial Organ Scholarship - Senior Scholar (£500 per annum)
- King’s College Organ Scholarship -Junior Scholar (£250 per annum)
Scholars’ duties include:
- attendance at all choral services and choir rehearsals during term-time
- playing the organ for services as and when arranged with the Director of Chapel and Ceremonial Music
- when not playing for a service, acting as console assistants or singing in the chapel choir.
- responsibility for overseeing the choir library and ensuring the smooth operation of distribution and collection of all choir music.
*The recipient of the David and June Gordon Memorial Scholarship is also expected to give an organ recital at Haddo House
Auditions will take place for the senior and junior organ scholarships in King’s College Chapel on Tuesday 28 September. You will be asked to play the following:
- Hymn: How shall I sing that majesty (Coe fen) – CH4 128
- Accompaniment: a choral accompaniment you have recently played which shows off your skills as an accompanist
- Solo: a piece of your own choice that would be a suitable concluding voluntary
- Sightreading: music will be provided on the day
For an application form, please contact Stuart Muir, Director of Chapel Music, on firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be submitted by Friday 24 September.