Student feedback is used to shape the improvements we make to our services. Below you can see improvements that have already been made, or are planned in response to student feedback.
- Improvements to Campus & Support Services
In response to feedback submitted in the Aberdeen Student Experience Survey, the University of Aberdeen will:
- Enhance the current Peer support system widening it to include PGT students
- Improve our communication with students, enhance our website and social media
- Host focus groups to understand student needs of library spaces and inform refurbishment plans
- Address concerns around noise in the Sir Duncan Rice Library by considering the introduction of a year-round silent study floor
- Refurbish floor 2 of SDRL to facilitate group study.
- Begin a project to transform the Medical Library in Foresterhill
- Update the current PGR information skills training programme in collaboration with SLS. New sessions have been introduced on Copyright and Academic Integrity.
- Launch a new programme for researchers called ExplORe
- Develop a digital skills session for the Pathways to Success to develop digital skills for the workplace and supporting the employability agenda
- Develop a programme of 4-6 bite sized sessions to develop digital skills
- Improve access to period products in SDRL with a new stand offering a range of sanitary products near the Ground Floor toilets
You said…you wanted more furniture and social space in the Common Rooms in the traditional house accommodation. We did: We’ve installed new furniture to the three common rooms and extended the social space available.
You said…you wanted a more extensive programme of onsite events and activities. We did: The SRA team will be organising and promoting more activities for students for the 23/24 term.
- PGR School Improvements
In response to feedback submitted in the Aberdeen Student Experience Survey, the PGR school will:
- Review and simplify the six month review process and reduce the amount of duplicate paperwork.
- Expand the number of social opportunities for PGR students and increase visibility of class reps and support available through the PGR school. With particular focus on opportunities at the Foresterhill campus.
- Enhance our information and support around mental health and wellbeing
- Improvements for students in Qatar
In response to feedback submitted in the Aberdeen Student Experience Survey, the UoA team in Qatar will:
- Remind all students who their key contacts are for support, including Senior Tutors and Personal Tutors and offered additional meetings to discuss student support need
- Send out communications promoting events to support careers and employability
- Provide information sessions and resources to support students create material to support their studies such as presentations and posters