Vaccine development describes the development of new vaccines, adjuvants and new methods of vaccination. Prophylactic measures in aquaculture are much preferred to treatment at infection; however there still remain barriers to make vaccination as effective as possible. Our research in this area aims to address some of these barriers.
- The Role of Adjuvants in Determining the Safety and Efficacy of Fish Vaccines
- Characterisation of Molecular Adjuvants
- Prophylactic measures in rainbow trout aquaculture; Further development of a DNA vaccine for PKD
- Development of novel oral vaccination strategies for Atlantic salmon
- Novel vaccination strategies againist Saprolegnia parasitica
- Insilico identification of candidate drug and vaccination targets in T. bryosalmonae