My name is Kathryn and I am a final year PhD student investigating the impact of electric and hydrogen transport on the environment, taking into consideration electricity generation mix and infrastructure changes. To further my PhD research, I applied, and was awarded the School of Biological Sciences Postgraduate Research Award…
To celebrate Shark Awareness Day on the 14th July 2020, I wanted to take the opportunity to spread the love for British sharks!
Not many people know that you could find over 40 species of sharks in British waters. The UK is…
After a brilliant first seminar in March, the National Decommissioning Centre (NDC) held the second seminar in its PhD Seminar Series on 9th June. This time it was my turn, along with two of my fellow PhD students, to explain my project, share ideas and build my network of contacts. As we are all still working from home, the seminar was held via MS Teams and…
Have you ever heard of Rosewood?
Rosewood refers to some of the most valuable timber species on Earth, most species belonging to the genus Dalbergia which is in the bean family (Fabaceae). The high value of the beautiful brown and reddish veneer of the timber (used for luxury wood…
Wow, well the first few months were crazy full, in fact the process of writing this has made me realise just how much I’ve done. It’s been quite cathartic!
Anyway, so my name is Amy and my EASTBIO funded PhD centres around honey bee health.
EASTBIO has an interesting and…
Browse by Month
- Jan There are no items to show for January 2020
- Feb There are no items to show for February 2020
- Mar There are no items to show for March 2020
- Aug There are no items to show for August 2020
- Sep There are no items to show for September 2020
- Oct There are no items to show for October 2020
- Nov There are no items to show for November 2020
- Dec There are no items to show for December 2020